Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Website Text Overlay Annoying  (Read 5586 times)

perl_monger

Website Text Overlay Annoying
« on: February 01, 2007, 11:24:34 am »

Anyone else find the near constant overlay of the website address annoying? I find that it distracts from the content and appears much too frequently.

tgphoto

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 12:36:55 pm »

Ummmm, what are you talking about?

Can you post a screenshot or something?

If not, what browser are you using?

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 02:41:53 pm »

See bellow, that is what  he is talking about.  Before you just read page by page, now you see the list.  So next will be my name.  But I think  only happen to windows/pc,,with my mac, still the same.

Blas

perl_monger   Website Text Overlay Annoying   Today, 12:24 PM

tgphoto   Ummmm, what are you talking about? Can you post a...   Today, 01:36 PM
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

perl_monger

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 02:48:09 pm »

I was talking about the overlays when you view the videos. Often (too often) while viewing the video (at least the download) you see the website address presented; very distracting.

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 02:53:02 pm »

Ohhhh, I was thinking about posting here,,anyway the is different now.

BlasR

Posts in this topic
 perl_monger   Website Text Overlay Annoying   Today, 12:24 PM
  tgphoto   Ummmm, what are you talking about? Can you post a...   Today, 01:36 PM
  BlasR   See bellow, that is what he is talking about. Be...   Today, 03:41 PM

perl_monger   I was talking about the overlays when you view the...   Today, 03:48 PM
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

michael

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 03:08:37 pm »

The reason for the overlay is simple. The download video files are not copy protected. This means that it is possible for people who do not respect intellectual property rights to distribute the files.

Since I do not like copy protection this is the only fall-back that we have... that hopefully someone with a pirated copy will know where the files are to be found, and will eventually come by and make a purchase.

Michael

jani

• Øyet
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 04:36:28 pm »

The reason for the overlay is simple. The download video files are not copy protected. This means that it is possible for people who do not respect intellectual property rights to distribute the files.

Since I do not like copy protection this is the only fall-back that we have... that hopefully someone with a pirated copy will know where the files are to be found, and will eventually come by and make a purchase.
I think this is a very reasonable position to take.

Most "copy-protection" schemes don't prevent copying, but rather make it difficult to perform playback, so it's inconveniencing regular users more than mass-copying bandits.

Perhaps this, or similar approaches, is how we'll deal with photos, movies and music in the near future.
Jan

GlennP

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 02:12:26 pm »

I have been watching the LR 1 tutorials and I do not find the URL distracting at all.

I agree with Michael and I encourage him to continue.
God bless

Glenn

Henry Goh

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 11:46:34 am »

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98742\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think having the watermark to stop thieves is fine but can it be slightly smaller and kept to one side so that those of us who purchase the tutorials can see the handsome cast better :>))

Henry

Caracalla

• http://
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 02:15:50 pm »

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98742\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Of course I agree, it makes sense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up