Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson p900 stuck in head cleaning mode with error 000021  (Read 332 times)

Schrades

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
Epson p900 stuck in head cleaning mode with error 000021
« on: November 14, 2025, 06:12:52 pm »

My Epson p900 needs repair.  When starting a basic head cleaning, the process never finishes; it craps out when it’s about 1/3 of the way completed.  I’ve tried a multitude of hard resets, which initially worked when the problem first surfaced.  After that, the printer worked perfectly.  But then two weeks later I had another minor clog requiring another head cleaning, and once again I couldn’t get the head cleaning process to finish; it craps out about 1/3 of the way through.  When it fails, I get an error code: 000021 and sometimes 000024.  I was wondering if anyone has encountered a similar issue and how you resolved it?

After a lot of i-net research, I’m finding it’s probably a sensor or transport problem.  It’s been frustrating because I was able to get the printer back on line the first time the issue occurred.  I wish there was a way (other than a hard reset) to bypass the stuck head cleaning operation.

Anyway, I’m probably going to purchase an Epson 1-Year Preferred Plus Service Plan for out-of-warranty printers.  A bit pricey at $391 through B&H, but I can’t afford a brand new printer at this time. The closest independent repair shop is about 90 miles, so with gas I’m guessing the total cost would be comparable.  Has any one had any repair work done at Computer Concepts in Beverly Hills, CA?

Would love to hear some input if anyone’s been in a similar position. Thanks!



Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up