Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I know if ACR is using the correct camera profile?  (Read 1409 times)

earlybird

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 404
How do I know if ACR is using the correct camera profile?
« on: October 23, 2025, 02:52:52 pm »


Hi,
 I have two cameras.

 I use a Canon 5DSR with a DIY custom made profile in Adobe Camera RAW.

 The Canon 5DSR settings are my default.

 I have a Canon 7DmkII and would like to use the camera profile that Adobe provides.

 When I open a .CR2 from the 7DmkII I get a warning: "profile is not installed, rendering is incorrect." because the 5DSR profile is part of my default.

 When I "Browse..." I have the option to select Camera Matching with selections that include Faithful, Landscape, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, and Monochrome.

 Should I assume that Camera Matching means that ACR has recognized the .CR2 file as originating on a Canon 7DmkII.

 How do I know that ACR recognizes the Camera as the 7DmkII?

 Is the particular camera labeled somewhere?

 Thank you.
Logged

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: How do I know if ACR is using the correct camera profile?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2025, 06:47:03 pm »

In a word, yes; Lightroom Classic recognizes the camera make and model and applies profiles only to that camera.
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up