Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Few Funky Chickens, Ptarmigan and Grouse...  (Read 4881 times)

Glenn Bartley

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 353
    • Glenn Bartley Nature Photography
A Few Funky Chickens, Ptarmigan and Grouse...
« on: May 08, 2025, 09:30:12 am »

Here are a few frames from my recent shoot down in Colorado and Kansas. I had a fun week visiting a variety of habitats in the mountains and prairie grasslands.

You can see more from this shoot in my recent newsletter - HERE


White-tailed Ptarmigan


Greater Prairie Chicken


Lesser Prairie Chicken


Sharp-tailed Grouse


Greater Sage Grouse

« Last Edit: May 08, 2025, 09:39:24 am by Glenn Bartley »
Logged

luxborealis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2809
    • luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: A Few Funky Chickens, Ptarmigan and Grouse...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2025, 12:26:50 pm »

Always a pleasure to see your fine work, Glenn.

—Terry
Logged
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: A Few Funky Chickens, Ptarmigan and Grouse...
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2025, 04:22:42 pm »

Lovely work and I love the subjects too. I often see ptarmigan (which are pretty bold) up in the high tundra here in Colorado and I've even seen some sage grouse around as I live in Gunnison. But I've never really gotten a decent shot and like you mentioned the sage grouse leks are strictly off limits when they would be getting used by the grouse.
Your photos make me want to try harder.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2025, 01:11:00 am by MattBurt »
Logged
-MattB

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18208
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: A Few Funky Chickens, Ptarmigan and Grouse...
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2025, 06:35:14 pm »

Great shots, Glenn!

... I often see ptarmigan (which are pretty bold)...

Bold and fearless indeed :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up