Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P900 issues/results with Epson Legacy papers  (Read 979 times)

akornylak

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
P900 issues/results with Epson Legacy papers
« on: January 04, 2025, 04:22:22 pm »

Hello all, I thought I would share my experiences (so far) with creating backup "masters" of my work using the Epson P900 specifically with Legacy Platine and Baryta II papers. I'd be interested in your thoughts and experiences. Anyone have similar experiences with waviness on Platine papers at the highest spray density?

Anyone know of a paper that is as good (dmax, fidelity, longevity) as Platine/Baryta II but with less surface texture?

https://theblindmonkey.com/damn-the-overspray/

-Andrew
Logged

[email protected]

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
Re: P900 issues/results with Epson Legacy papers
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2025, 02:58:19 pm »

I am having a waviness problem with Epson Baryta II paper. Indentations on front of print on images vertical lines and it goes through to back of paper too. Is it too much ink? Too high dpi (I'm at 360)? I'm using a new P6570 Epson 24" printer.
Logged

1PhotoGuyinNM

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
Re: P900 issues/results with Epson Legacy papers
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2025, 02:43:17 am »

I do all my own custom profiles for my P900 and the highest measured Dmax values I was getting are:

1.  Epson Legacy Baryta V1 (discontinued) = 2.77
2.  Red River Palo Duro Soft Gloss Rag (A Platine Clone): 2.72
3.  Epson Legacy Platine = 2.70
4.  Innova IFA 45 = 2.70
5.  Ilford Gold Fibre Gloss = 2.70

It’s a shame that #1 is no longer available.  Might check out  #4 and #5.   Smoother than Platine but having essentially the same Dmax on the P900.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up