Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are the icc profiles for the Epson Ecotank 8550 on a Imac running Monterey  (Read 2476 times)

soharaus

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 35

Before posting here, I did a search to find icc profiles for the 8550 printer for common Epson papers like Luster, Enhanced Matte, etc. The Epson website only provides icc profiles for Epson Signature Worthy Papers . I tries the Library>Colorsync>Profiles - I can find the profiles for all the non-Epson Papers there but no Epson. Then one answer from the web was /Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/EP2006PM1.profiles except my Mac does not have that folder. It only has an application called Epson 8550 at that location which cannot be opened.
Another suggestion was to download the driver from the Epson Website and add another printer and delete the old one The profiles are still missing.

Any suggestions on how and where to get the profiles for all the common Epson papers and how to load them so I can use the icc profiles would be very welcome. I don't have this problem with any other paper vendor other than Epson for my 3880 and 8550. Very frustrating.
Thanks in advance
PR.
Logged

dgberg

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2954
    • http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com

Here is how I got mine to work as I only had 3 profiles. Went to Epson.com and downloaded drivers for my Mac os15. After downloading I went into Lightroom and under profiles I still only had the three. Went and opened my HD, Library, ColorSync and Profiles. Under search I typed in Epson ET-8550 and up popped a box saying Epson Installer. Went through all the instructions and restarted and in Lightroom in other I now have 10 new icc profiles. No idea how or why it worked like that but it did.
Logged
Dan Berg
http://www.bergsprintstudio.com/workshops/
Our Studio is a Canson Certified Print Lab

soharaus

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 35

Thanks Dan. Still don't know why Epson wouldn't put all the profiles for their paper like they do their signature worthy papers or like everybody else does their profiles.
Logged

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/

Missing profiles may be due to where the Epson drivers install the ICC profiles and how. Epson should be placing the profiles in the path below, which ends up being deep inside a 'package' and difficult to get to:
/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/
IF you see a folder named ICCProfiles and open it, you'll see one or more items, the names will vary depending on the printer. You may have to try opening the following package to inspect the contents for the actual ICC profiles. Because this is a package, you need to use the contextual menu option (Control Click) to Select "Show Package Contents" and you should see a list of all the ICC profiles inside that package. Copy or move them on your Mac to the folder where most of the other profiles reside: 
/Users/~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles
Quit the Adobe product, restart it, they should now show up.
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

soharaus

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 35

Andrew:
Thanks for your reply. Both the methods worked. I have copied and saved the methods for future reference. Unless Wpson again changes their procedures we should be good.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up