Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: crazy, My magenta test strip is blue?  (Read 574 times)

disneytoy

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 394
crazy, My magenta test strip is blue?
« on: October 10, 2024, 03:33:02 pm »

As if things can't get worse.

After working on a Light Magenta clog, some simple paired cleanings. I was told to leave the printer off over night, maybe let air bubbles settle?  So I turn on my printer today and do a nozzle check, and my regular Magenta is now Blue?  Did a CL-1 on the Magenta and its mostly back to magenta? Crazy????

What is this?

Logged

Richard.Wills

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 373
    • Photofusion Photography Centre
Re: crazy, My magenta test strip is blue?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2024, 04:54:51 am »

That looks like cyan and magenta are coming through together, and that all the nozzles are clear.

Could it be that the damper has breached between those channels?
Logged

disneytoy

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 394
Re: crazy, My magenta test strip is blue?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2024, 07:26:34 am »

I was told to try this regarding my LT Magenta issue. After a CL -2 on my Lt Magenta/cyan channels, I turned the printer off overnight. I hadn't cleaned Magenta/Cyan. I was so focused on my lights, I didn't notice the Magenta until I printed!

Since Cyan is on the left and Magenta are on the right the crossing of the cyan to Magenta most be upstream. Nozzles, Dampers.  So far is is coming back Magenta as I run some test gradients and CL= 2. But I still have a little cyan in the upper part of m,y Magenta test strip. Pretty much have never left the printer OFF since I got it based on recommendations here.

What exactly do the dampers attached to the back of the head do>

Am I correct, like squeezing toothpaste, the flow of ink is by pressurizing the ink cartridge inner chamber, and "pushing" the ink through the lines to the Damper assembly then into the nozzle. There is no suction or vacuum on the ink? Nothings is sucking like a straw.
Logged

Lessbones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 291
    • Color Center
Re: crazy, My magenta test strip is blue?
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2024, 11:10:15 am »

It's something like that--  the mixing like that is fairly typical when you're cleaning head pairs and leaving something to soak...  it doesn't usually happen *just* from leaving the printer off, but it's nothing to worry about.  Since those two channels share a cap, some cyan ink was absorbed back up into the magenta head.  There's possibly a little pool of it in the cap for that pair--  the caps where the printer rests the head don't actually drain, they are just little sealed divots that keep the head from drying out.

It's definitely not from any intermingling in the dampers-- that would likely result in ink all over the floor
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up