Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A question For Lee Filter users  (Read 7547 times)

V6GTO

A question For Lee Filter users
« on: January 24, 2007, 02:10:06 pm »

Camera with filter holder and CP attached...

...camera with hood attached...

But how the blazes do you fit both at the same time?

Martin.

Nick Rains

• http://www.nickrains.com
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 04:36:03 pm »

Martin.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=97338\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry, don't know as I never had the hood.

But I do know that I never needed it. Clean Lee filters are really excellent with little flare. I've shot plenty of images on 4x5 at odd angles to full sun and never had a problem, although I do use a french flag now and again.

For more help though, email Robert White in the UK. www.robertwhite.co.uk . They are really knowledgeable about Lee filters.

HTH
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 04:38:54 pm by Nick Rains »
Nick Rains
Australian Photographer Leica

Nick Rains

• http://www.nickrains.com
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 04:37:26 pm »

opps, pressed wrong button...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 04:38:20 pm by Nick Rains »
Nick Rains
Australian Photographer Leica

Graham Welland

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 09:24:24 am »

...camera with hood attached...

Martin.

I have a hood that has guides on the end that slips into the holder - you would need to have a full set of slots to use the polarizer with this configuration. I don't see a way that this could fit though because the polarizer ring fits on the outer most slots which prevents mounting that hood type.

The alternative would be to use the tandem holder although I've only used this with the square circular polarizer vs the ring mount.  This setup can rotate independently on the ring and the outside hood.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 09:36:35 am by gwelland »
Graham

ricoche

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 12:07:59 am »

Hi there,

I'm wondering if any who owns a 105mm circular polarizer can verify if there are front threads available for use with a B+H 105mm screw on lense hood. I'm looking at the Lee or B+W 105mm circular polarizers, but can't verify if front threads exist.

I'm considering placing this filter on the front of the Lee Kit with the Lee 105mm accessory front ring. So, I would attach the Adapter ring to the Lee Kit, then attach the B+W circular polarizer for example, and then finally attach the B+W screw on lense hood.

Presto! I would then have the ND filter kit, rotating Polarizer filter, and lense hood.

Is this possible? I found posts in other forums of people doing this but I can't verify because the information is a little old. Thanks for any insight or help here.

Jeff-Grant

• http://www.jeff-grant.com
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 06:50:31 am »

Martin.

You don't. I went through this with Robert White's some time back and there was no answer using Lee gear. Your hat becomes your lense hood, but it's probably worth checking as Lee are always adding new things.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 06:54:26 am by Jeff-Grant »
Cheers,
 Jeff  www.jeff-grant.com

Jeff-Grant

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 06:52:45 am »

Hi there,

I'm wondering if any who owns a 105mm circular polarizer can verify if there are front threads available for use with a B+H 105mm screw on lense hood. I'm looking at the Lee or B+W 105mm circular polarizers, but can't verify if front threads exist.

I'm considering placing this filter on the front of the Lee Kit with the Lee 105mm accessory front ring. So, I would attach the Adapter ring to the Lee Kit, then attach the B+W circular polarizer for example, and then finally attach the B+W screw on lense hood.

Presto! I would then have the ND filter kit, rotating Polarizer filter, and lense hood.

Is this possible? I found posts in other forums of people doing this but I can't verify because the information is a little old. Thanks for any insight or help here.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=106720\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

My B+W 105 has threads. I've never noticed them until now as I didn't know that such a thing as a screw on 105 hood existed.
Cheers,
 Jeff  www.jeff-grant.com

ricoche

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 07:04:21 am »

My B+W 105 has threads. I've never noticed them until now as I didn't know that such a thing as a screw on 105 hood existed.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=106758\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the info.  I just bought a B+W 105mm CP along with a B+W screw on lense hood so I'm aiming to give this a try.  I have other uses in case it doesn't work, but I found someone on another forum who claimed it worked great with the Lee system.  We'll see.  I have found very few people who know or have tried this interestingly enough.  I'll update my post when I get all the gear to try.

Thanks again,

Jim

Jeff-Grant

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 04:38:49 pm »

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the info.  I just bought a B+W 105mm CP along with a B+W screw on lense hood so I'm aiming to give this a try.  I have other uses in case it doesn't work, but I found someone on another forum who claimed it worked great with the Lee system.  We'll see.  I have found very few people who know or have tried this interestingly enough.  I'll update my post when I get all the gear to try.

Thanks again,

Jim
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=106759\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks Jim. I would love to know how well it works.
Cheers,
 Jeff  www.jeff-grant.com

ChrisHA

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 01:35:12 am »

The wide angle hood - albeit pricey - has threads in the front for a polarizer. See

http://www.leefiltersusa.com/PDFs/Camera/LEEP105Hood.pdf

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up