Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P800 and Fine Art papers  (Read 580 times)

alex

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 50
    • Alex Ramsay Photography
Epson P800 and Fine Art papers
« on: September 17, 2024, 04:31:05 am »

Hi - I'm using an Epson P800 with a Mac and printing from Lightroom Classic (not Airprint). Am I correct in thinking that the Fine Art print settings/paper options (Velvet Fine Art etc) are only available when using the front fine art loader rather than the sheet feeder (where they are greyed out)? I'm trying to use Hahnemuhle Photo Rag which calls for a media setting of Velvet Fine Art.

Thanks,
Alex
Logged
Alex Ramsay

pflower

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 476
Re: Epson P800 and Fine Art papers
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2024, 07:54:45 pm »

I don't know about the P800 but on the 3880 you can only access the Velvet Fine Art Media setting if you use the rear feeder.  Same with cut sheets on the P5000 (no problem with roll paper though).  So I assume that the P800 = although using the front fine art loader is the same.  However I had to print a lot of very small B&W prints using the ABW mode (A5 size) on Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 308 (which also recommends the Velvet Fine Art media setting) and which wouldn't load from the rear feeder on the 3880 and would only load from the sheet feeder.  So I printed them using the next best matte paper media setting.  The results were fine and out of interest I printed a couple of A4 prints on the same paper from the rear feeder with the Velvet Fine Art media setting and frankly I couldn't distinguish any difference in print quality.  So I wouldn't angonise about it too much.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up