Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Piezoflush alternative  (Read 326 times)

N-777

Piezoflush alternative
« on: July 25, 2024, 06:14:14 pm »

Hi everyone, looking for a good printhead and wiper blade cleaner for my Epson. I read a lot about Piezoflush but doesn’t seem to be available where I live (Germany/Netherlands/Belgium/UK will do). I have read about several home made cleaning solutions mixing isopropyl alcohol, ammonia and water, but I'd rather purchase a cleaning solution that works and I don't have make myself.

Does anyone have an alternative or place where I can purchase this?

Ignotus_Mago

• Art by Paul Hertz
Re: Piezoflush alternative
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2024, 12:54:10 pm »

Epson has a fluid it uses for cleaning and storage. You'd need to ask an Epson tech about availability. AFAIK, it's not on the market. I was going to use it some years ago, and heard about it from the company that services my printers. It cost about twice as much a Piezoflush, at the time, but came with assurances from the Epson tech that it was exactly what I would need for long term storage. Needless to say, he was down on Piezoflush.

In the end I used Piezoflush over several storage cycles with my first Epson 9900. Eventually the one channel of the head gave out. I can't say that was because of any compatibility issues with Piezoflush, despite the tech's warning. 9900 print heads are notorious. On my other printer, a newer 9900, I have avoided using it so far.

// Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up