Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop  (Read 1483 times)

greyscale

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 138
Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop
« on: June 29, 2024, 03:46:38 pm »

Anyone here attended the Print Workshop held by Kevin Raber? Cant find any reviews online??
Logged

KeithR

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 789
Re: Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2024, 04:41:36 pm »

I have not, but have you checked his website for reviews? PhotoPXL.com
Logged
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

greyscale

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 138
Re: Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2024, 07:54:57 pm »

I have not, but have you checked his website for reviews? PhotoPXL.com
Keith, No reviews on PhotoPXL site, or Facebook. Which is why I asked.
Logged

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2024, 03:59:06 am »

I've not (it's a long way from Manchester), but I've had positive reports from some who have.

Jeremy
Logged

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18208
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2024, 08:32:10 am »

What exactly do you expect to find in those reviews that you can not derive yourself from the workshop description?

Kwraber

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • photoPXL
Re: Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2024, 08:06:14 am »

I have run several printing workshops in the last two years. We have a huge space and five printers to work with: two Canon and three Epson printers. Two foremost experts, Jeff Schewe and John Pannazzo of Imageprint, assisted me.  We start off at my home for a reception on Friday night.  Here, I have three printers and show you how a home setup works.  Then, on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, we printed, going through the steps to make a great print; I don't know anyone who has been disappointed.  You will go home with a stack of prints from 8x10 to 40x50 inches and a new addiction to making prints.

You don't have a photograph until you can hold it in your hands.  Contact me if you have questions. Thanks.
Logged
Kevin Raber
photoPXL.com, rockhopperworkshops.com, kevinraber.com
Former Publisher Of This Site

Ryan Mack

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 341
    • Ryan Mack on Facebook
Re: Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2024, 12:40:54 pm »

I might attend just so I can poke at John about making me keep buying ImagePrint upgrades until basic functionality with the Canon driver works smoothly ;-)
Logged

Kwraber

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • photoPXL
Re: Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2024, 05:29:58 pm »

IP seems to work fine with my Canon Printers.  What printer do you have?  John shows a lot of hidden gems in IP at the workshop.
Logged
Kevin Raber
photoPXL.com, rockhopperworkshops.com, kevinraber.com
Former Publisher Of This Site

Ryan Mack

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 341
    • Ryan Mack on Facebook
Re: Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2024, 11:24:32 am »

IP seems to work fine with my Canon Printers.  What printer do you have?  John shows a lot of hidden gems in IP at the workshop.

I use it with my 4000. I'm mostly just joking. I had been using IP on my Epson and upgraded to support my Canon as soon as they released support. Initial release had some critical issues that were resolved after 1 free and I think 1 paid upgrade. At this point things mostly work although narrow gamut toning never got as good as it was on Epson and there's still some little annoyances with the version I have (sheet feed switches to roll feed any time I change color profiles and if I forget to fix it I can misprint). But nothing worth paying for another upgrade to fix.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up