Hello,
This is my first post, so please no big stones (small stones I can handle).
I've purchased Epson et-8550 and collected a mountain of different papers. Then I found a very good deal (lucky?) for an old Colormunki Photo device. I've been using ccStudio all day long to make custom profiles. Learned a ton by making even more mistakes and by listening Keith Cooper :-D.
The latest paper I was trying to make a profile for is giving me trouble. When I make a profile using ccStudio resulting shape in ICC viewer (on mac) looks strange - its bottom part is pretty flat and is not as pointy as some of the stock profiles. (one of the gifs shows it)
Lately, I've got brave enough to try Agryll. I thought - the more patches - the better. I tried to go crazy and crammed 572 patches into A4. To be very accurate with measurement I've designed and printed a special bracket for Colormunki. I just released it for free if someone wants it -
BRACKET FOR COLORMUNKI PHOTOEventually, I went with the normal patch number of 210 and printed with `-h` command.
The resulting profile shape looks smooth with a pointy black point, but when I compare it to other profiles (stock and made with ccStudio) its bottom part is pretty offset from an absolute black point of the space (see another gif)
After test printing with different combinations of Rendering intent settings, I found that "Perceptual" works well (no diff between with and without black point compensation). But I wanted to know if you folks can help me understand if this shape is normal and if not - what am I missing, how is it called and what can I do to make it look awesome?
Thx