Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oled Laptop Monitor Calibration  (Read 331 times)

arobinson7547

Oled Laptop Monitor Calibration
« on: May 30, 2024, 11:05:17 am »

Can anyone please recommend a 2024 Hardware/Software solution for modern-day Oled Laptop Calibration/Profiling (Zenbook DUO  - TWO identical 3K Oled screens.
Step 2 is the methodology (not there, yet)
Step1 (where I am now) is the Kit - Hardware and Software

Coming from NEC PA302, NEC branded i1 Display Pro and Spectraview.

I'm just waking up to no more i1Proflier Monitor & Puck support and the likes of Calibrite (seems like a consumer Company brought Pro gear and turned it into consumer gear and decided to charge based on the size of your pocket by crippling the gear. (just my first impression from looking at the site and demoing the software, without a puck.\

I'll be calibrating to match the screens to each other, at their native setup and also setting up for Prepress (or shoud I say setting DOWN to Prepress)

Both displays support HDR and top out at 550 nits of brightness

I have to admit all these iterations of i1 Display Pro has me a bit confussed. So, I really want to know what's best and relevant for laptop Oled, today, i.e., you need, at least this puck and this is the preferred software, today.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 04:23:38 pm by arobinson7547 »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Oled Laptop Monitor Calibration
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2024, 11:44:41 am »

The X-Rite i1Display Pro Plus (EODIS3PL) supports OLEDs. Discontinued but you should still be able to find them for purchase.
https://prodigitalgear.com/store/i1display-pro.html
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2024, 04:18:57 pm »

Can anyone please recommend a 2024 Hardware/Software solution for modern-day Oled Laptop Calibration/Profiling (Zenbook DUO  - TWO identical 3K Oled screens.
Step 2 is the methodology (not there, yet)
Step1 (where I am now) is the Kit - Hardware and Software

Coming from NEC PA302, NEC branded i1 Display Pro and Spectraview.

I'm just waking up to no more i1Proflier Monitor & Puck support and the likes of Calibrite (seems like a consumer Company brought Pro gear and turned it into consumer gear and decided to charge based on the size of your pocket by crippling the gear. (just my first impression from looking at the site and demoing the software, without a puck.\

I'll be calibrating to match the screens to each other, at their native setup and also setting up for Prepress (or shoud I say setting DOWN to Prepress)

Does displays support HDR and top out at 550 nits of brightness

I have to admit all these iterations of i1 Display Pro has me a bit confussed. So, I really want to know what's best and relevant for laptop Oled, today, i.e., you need, at least this puck and this is the preferred software, today.

You can use NEC i1Display Pro and ArgyllCMS / DisplayCAL software. All i1D3 sensors are basically the same hardware - except Display Plus HL that can measure higher luminances up to 10 000cd/m2
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

arobinson7547

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2024, 04:55:14 pm »

On the Printer Profile side, Heidelberg Prinect Color ToolBox, i1Profiler, AlwanColor, EFI Colortool, CGS all are still active and updating their Profiling Products.

Who's is still 'active' on the Software side of Monitor Profiling?

DisplayCal last updated in 2019.

BasiCColor 6? (seems unattended)

I've only really used i1Profiler, Basiccolor v5 and Spectraview.

And can't even remember who any other players were.

Andrew that tidbit on the Pro Plus was quite helpful, thanks for that. Who do YOU like on the software side?

Czornyj, I KNOW you're still using Spectraview (I'm assuming you're still rocking your NEC.

I remember, before NEC PA there was Sony GDMFW900. Yea. I'm old. (I had two; last of the CRT's) but I also remember there was a video card test to see if it responded to LUT adjustment; push button and that display would dim a little = all good. It was Matrox video cards then, but usually most of the gForce cards worked.

Anyway I've never tried calibrating/profiling 'embedded' graphics (iGPU) (Intel Arc in the latest Core Ultra CPUs and Radeon Vega graphics on the AMD side)

They do exist and that is the tech of today. So, they are worthy of 'accuracy'.

I brought that Zenbook Duo 2024 and it's pretty amazing. But the first thing I noticed was the need for 'proper' cal/profiling

(Actually, it was the second thing; the firest was the gall of these companies' selling laptops in the 2k range and putting on Windows "Home".

Shame on them.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 05:01:48 pm by arobinson7547 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up