Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need to change my password but I cannot remember my original one!  (Read 445 times)

TonyW

Due to some security worries I need to change my password.  There does not appear to be a method to signal Forgotten my password and I am required to login again with my original I am embarrassed to say that I have forgotten my current password  :-[.

Please advise how to make the necessary changes

Thanks
Tony

Kyle D Jackson

• Lone Leaf Photography
Re: Need to change my password but I cannot remember my original one!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 10:51:02 am »

Hi, I was confused at first but think I understand now... You're logged in (by saved cookies or whatever), and trying to change the password in the Profile > Account Settings section, right? Yeah looks like it needs current password (security feature for a device left unattended). But if you log out and then log in again, there is a forgot password option (on the main LuLa login as well as both forum login options). You may need to close browser or something to make sure it recognizes that you're logged out.

You might want to try it first from another device that is not logged in tho. That way if it gives you trouble and you need help, you can still use your logged-in device to post here. So I'd leave your current device logged in and use another device to try to change password.
Kyle D Jackson
Ottawa, Canada
Lone Leaf Photography

TonyW

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2024, 06:10:53 am »

Thanks, logged on from new device and the Forgotten password note came up

Kyle D Jackson

• Lone Leaf Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2024, 10:23:24 am »

Hey that's good news, happy it worked! Cheers  :)
Kyle D Jackson
Ottawa, Canada
Lone Leaf Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up