Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pano  (Read 291 times)

armand

• Photos
Pano
« on: April 01, 2024, 08:47:49 pm »

Great Sand Dunes pano - as I was leaving the area I stopped for a "quick" HDR handheld pano, 81 shots in total.
Olympus OM-1 with 12-100 F4, at 132mm equiv. Luckily the stabilization worked pretty well as it was windy and cold and I was not the most steady.

francois

Re: Pano
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 04:08:14 am »

Great and very wide pano for the GSD! As I wrote not long ago on another thread, I tried to visit the place many times but weather was really awful and I can't even find a photo of the GSD NP in my library.
Francois

armand

• Photos
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 03:48:01 pm »

I didn't expect it to turn that well and I just used Lightroom, although I have a PTGUI pro somewhere. I only fixed the ISO, the 3 stacked exposures/frame and the focus point were variable.
It's a long focal length with a lot of overlap just in case I screwed up a frame, I think the total horizontal field of view is ~ 97 degrees.

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 12:42:02 pm »

Looks great! I never know what to do with the really wide panos like this. It would be cool to be able to print one but my printer doesn't take roll paper.
-MattB

armand

• Photos
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2024, 07:28:11 pm »

Looks great! I never know what to do with the really wide panos like this. It would be cool to be able to print one but my printer doesn't take roll paper.

Thank you!
I didn't print anything for myself a couple of years almost, but my older Epson R1900 could print a decently long pano. I used to cut from a roll of paper and then straighten it. It can print up to 13"x44", so a width of ~ 6.3" would give you a 1:7 ratio.
For the above pano I would get close to 4.5" width, not great but could be worse. Probably better to outsource the printing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up