Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't use Camera Profiles in LR  (Read 746 times)

pflower

Can't use Camera Profiles in LR
« on: March 06, 2024, 10:52:53 am »

I've only recently noticed this, but I have created a number of .dcp profiles for my cameras via the Color Checker Passport and the X-rite preset within LR.  Now none of these available in the most recent version of LR Classic. I just get the message that the profile is missing.   I can find them on my computer but if I try and import them I get a message saying that they can't be imported since they have already been imported.

Is the use the use of dcp camera profiles now not possible in LR and we're stuck with the Adobe profiles?  Or am I making some kind of mistake here?

Thanks for any advice

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Can't use Camera Profiles in LR
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 12:10:56 pm »

Still possible, no issues on this end. Be sure the profiles built are 'matched' specifically to the camera body and of course, you're trying them on a true raw.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

pflower

Re: Can't use Camera Profiles in LR
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 01:23:16 pm »

Total brain damage on my part.  I couldn't load profiles for my A7RIV and X2D because for some inexplicable reason I misnamed them.  Made at the same time as profiles for A7RIII and X1D but in a fit of carelessness I named the profiles made for those cameras as A7RIV and X2D - so not recognised by LR for the real cameras.  Problem solved - user stupidity.

pflower

Re: Still Can't use Camera Profiles in LR
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 01:40:14 pm »

I spoke too soon.  Older profiles are properly useable in LR but I can't make a profile for my X2D.  I don't think that the old x-rite export preset within LR works anymore.  But I did make a profile using the Color Checker app.  It was put in my username/Applciation Support/Adobe/Camera Raw/Camera Profiles folder.  Not recognised by LR and not available to it.  And I haven't found a way of importing it via LR since it is not possible to access the username/Library folder without using option + go from the Finder menu.

Looking at where the other, recognised profiles were stored, I found them and copied the X2D profile into the same folder.  I then tried to import it and was given the message that it couldn't be imported since it had already been imported.

This is getting a bit frustrating.  Time I guess to get onto Adobe Support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up