Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What does your Z3200 Printing Preferences window look like? (Windows)  (Read 156 times)

Kyle D Jackson

• Lone Leaf Photography

Hi all, just getting a z3200ps set up in Windows 10 (which I already had set up for my z3100ps GP). Seemed to be several options on the HP website to install drivers so to start I tried the "all-in-one" package. When done I get a very different Printing Preferences windows compared to my Z3100. Screenshot shows Z3100 on the left, Z3200 on the right.  The Z3200 can scroll down for some "advanced" options but overall it seems kinda of lacking, more like a generic Windows driver interface.

It's my understanding that the Z3200 can have the same window as the Z3100, as shown in the screenshot on this HP support page: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c01746429

Maybe I just need to find the right version of the drivers to install...  What does your window look like?  (Note I'm assuming that the Z3100 and Z3200 need/use unique drivers, so if they instead use a common one please let me know.)

Thanks!
Kyle D Jackson
Ottawa, Canada
Lone Leaf Photography

sportmaster

Re: What does your Z3200 Printing Preferences window look like? (Windows)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 03:38:03 pm »

The old one, on the left.

Kyle D Jackson

• Lone Leaf Photography
Re: What does your Z3200 Printing Preferences window look like? (Windows)
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 05:27:51 pm »

The old one, on the left.

Thanks @sportmaster . I've since learned that the newer-looking one on the right is the "V4" driver that HP introduced a few years ago, not exactly sure when. It's not a specific Z3200 driver, it's an omnibus driver that includes a lot(!) of HP printer models. (Unlike my old Z3100 driver which is for that model only.)

I've also learned that the driver version number shows the year -- "61.yy..." where yy is the year.

What version is yours and where did you download it? Is it the PCL3 driver, or the Postscript driver? I have the PCL3 driver 61.2313.0.100, released Jan 2024(!). I can't find any older PCL3 versions. I have a Rev B printer if it matters (Q6720B).
Kyle D Jackson
Ottawa, Canada
Lone Leaf Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up