Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Delicacy"  (Read 187 times)

Todd Suttles

• Hi, amateur learning my way...
    • Todd Suttles
"Delicacy"
« on: February 24, 2024, 11:58:23 am »

Reactions appreciated.  thanks, -/t
One Day At A Time

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: "Delicacy"
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 06:23:26 pm »

I can appreciate this much more as a thumbnail, perhaps because when I view it full size, it basically smacks me in the face and with the contrast, "Overwhelming" but "Delicacy" no. Given the high contrast, I find myself wanting to get down into those blacks, perhaps looking for some delicacy. Rather, the blocked blacks, or nearly so IMHO, contribute to a frustrating sense of mystery. Speaking of which, I note some lighter areas in the background, particularly left of center and down about 25% from the bottom of frame. Reflections? They don't bother me and emphasizing them more might raise the level of interest. For me, that is.
Bottom line, if it were mine, which it is not, I would try to bring up the black tones in the background some, but leave the pine cone as the highest point of contrast if that is your focal point. In that regard, my eyes go everywhere and find little rest, which is a bit vexing as I was looking for a little delicacy. Vignette? Of course, many people like and there is a place for super high contrast, but is this it? I often hear from Armand that he thinks my titles sometimes don't match the image so maybe this is an example where expectations and reality are far apart. I would add that juxtaposition is a fine thing at the right time.
I hope this his helpful; anyway, it stimulated a bunch of thoughts for me, which I've tried to organize for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up