Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP 70 Red ink and MK-R printhead supply chain shortage? (again?)  (Read 271 times)

Kyle D Jackson

• Lone Leaf Photography
HP 70 Red ink and MK-R printhead supply chain shortage? (again?)
« on: February 14, 2024, 12:28:02 pm »

Hi all, having trouble finding HP 70 Red ink and MK-R printheads in Canada (even thru my HP-auth supplier and HP Canada directly), what's the supply situation like in other countries?

Back in summer 2022 I had supply chain issues as well (pandemic related no doubt) and couldn't get any HP 70 or 73 items at all. Then some moves/life happened, everything went into storage for year and half. Now back at it and supplier told me all was good, placed order, and received everything except R ink and MK-R head. Now they tell me it's back-ordered, can't find it anywhere, just like in 2022.

Thanks!
Kyle D Jackson
Ottawa, Canada
Lone Leaf Photography

Kyle D Jackson

• Lone Leaf Photography
Re: HP 70 Red ink and MK-R printhead supply chain shortage? (again?)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 12:40:44 pm »

Ok HP Canada just confirmed that the C9409A MK-R matte black / red printhead has been discontinued, they are not producing anymore. So anybody with a Z3100 is now ****ed.

I just spent a pile of time and money replacing belt, internal cleaning and servicing of mine, but without an MK-R head or R ink it's useless.   >:(
Kyle D Jackson
Ottawa, Canada
Lone Leaf Photography

Kyle D Jackson

• Lone Leaf Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 01:12:09 pm »

...additional update, HP Canada says the HP 70 MK-R printhead and the HP 73 Chromatic Red *twinpack* (NOT the single 130 ml pack) are both discontinued. They say all other 5x HP70 heads, 12x HP70 inks, and 2x HP73 ink + head are still produced.

Of course the writing is on the wall (and has been a long while)...
Kyle D Jackson
Ottawa, Canada
Lone Leaf Photography

Kyle D Jackson

• Lone Leaf Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 02:21:38 pm »

Okay despite HP Canada's assurance that HP 70 Red ink cartridge is not discontinued, B&H shows both HP 70 R and HP 70 MK-R as discontinued.
Kyle D Jackson
Ottawa, Canada
Lone Leaf Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up