Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello Lula Forum! It's me...Swindy.  (Read 1024 times)

swindy

Hello Lula Forum! It's me...Swindy.
« on: February 01, 2024, 10:48:13 am »

Hello Friends -

Thank you for you participation here!   I look forward to helping Luminous Landscape be a place for photographers and artists to Click - Connect - Create. 

Thank you all who filled out the surveys!  It was a huge help in understanding what we're getting into and what's desired for our audience.  There's so much I've learned about the site and it's history since it's recently changed hands. 

Note, there's not an affiliation with the old ownership at all and we're trying to clean up things and get things going properly.   Gallery is on pause for now.  Forum organization and improvements will come.

Please bear with us as we try and make this a fun and valuable resource. 

A little bit about me...I've never published anything like this before.  I've been always producing, directing, and being behind the camera in film and tv production.  This is exciting both with learning content publishing but also exploring a world that I understand but haven't touched in decades.  Instead of 24frames per second, it is one final image.   

That being said please have some grace while I get into content production and act like a child playing with new toys. 

Also, I'm in the middle of raising kids and flying aerials for tv/film shows, and LuLa's just been added to the mix.  So our time together is short! 

To that affect, Dan Wells will continue writing at Lula - but at much shorter length!   He'll be posting more frequent and keep us up to date. 

For the short term, we are working on good content, brand partners/member page, and the newsletter. 

Brand Partners that are helping us: Lensrentals (discount), B&H (gear reviews), Canvas on Demand (discount), Bostick & Sullivan (discount), and more. 

Because, the gallery is paused for the interim and this is a photography site - please share your work if you'd like. How?

I know ya'll have photos with great stories attached to them.  It would be so cool to hear your voice and see how an image came to be, technically, a travel log, or whatever. 

The new section "Focus on the Journey" is a focus on just that.  A place to share an image, your story, technical challenges etc.  We have a couple of folks "on assignment" out there shooting now.

If you might have something to share let's talk please email teamlula@luminous-landscape.com

Forum: The forum seems all over the place. Simplification seems in order.  I haven't been able to spend much time here but the response in the survey was no politics, updated format, and subjects organized better.

We're working on this project and are on a fact finding mission. 

I know this is home to many folks.  (what's with the math problems to post!!  :o)

If ya'll have some suggestions of what subjects should remain and not - let me know!  teamlula@luminous-landscape.com

There are so many people who have made Lula what it is.  Thank you!

I'm especially thankful and would like to honor the legacy of Michael Reichmann.  He is inspirational in so many ways.  I also know how good of a friend he was to this community and the photography world. 

I'd also like to personally thank the talented Kevin Reber and his wife for the tremendous work and passion they have personally done here over the years.  We've spoken and Kevin's been awesome.  They have a wonderful site too! PhotoPxl

Thanks again for being a part of Lula.

Swindy

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: Hello Lula Forum! It's me...Swindy.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 11:32:14 am »

@Swindy. Welcome and Good luck!

francois

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 12:12:06 pm »

Welcome aboard!
Francois

Jeff Magidson

• Artslides Digital Imaging
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 01:59:01 pm »

Hi Swindy, thanks for posting!

A quick question: Do the ad blocks that are blanketing LuLa generate much revenue? The reason I'm asking is because they are completely unrelated to photography and really junk up the website experience.

What are your thoughts?

~ Jeff

~ Jeff Magidson
Custom Archival Printing
http://artslidesboston.com

Kwraber

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2024, 05:46:29 pm »

Thanks for the mention Jon.  I wish you the best, and I'm here if you have questions.  You know how to find me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up