Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: image stitching  (Read 48535 times)

jadazu

image stitching
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2007, 01:21:47 am »

No offense, but that looks suspiciously like a photomerge result from CS2 -- Are you saying that stitch was from CS3?  If so, which rendering intent did you use?  If you use "perspective correct" in CS3 you will get straighter lines, not as significantly bowed as you got in your photomerge example above.

I am not saying it will outperform PTAssembler, but it should do a far better job than your example shows. 

You can see my post on stitching in the digital section -- I posted larger single jpeg frames if you want to run them in PTAssembler to compare:

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=14827

Cheers,
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102609\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Jack,

Thank you.

Yes, it's CS3 beta, but Interactive didn't do anything! And Reposition Only doesn't work either! I would love it if Photomerge would work perfectly (or good enough!) The blender is excellent!

If you'd like, I'll do the pics you posted, rectilnear with PTAssembler, but it'll be the same, except that all of the verticals will be vertical.

Most of what I do isn't rectilinear output, so perfect output perspective isn't a big deal. To me there are two things that do matter: I just stitched 3x9 16bpcc images. PTA and smartblend took 25 min, to Smart Sharpen the result took 30 min, and to do Photomerge, I quit after 120 min! And Photomerge doesn't do mercator output, that I can tell, and that is a really big deal, for tall, vertcal landscape mosaics! And being able to exactly define a horizontal, exactly straight line, the horizon of a lake or an ocean is also a really big deal. Bumpy horizons look dumb.

I may have overstated the issue of having imput images with different FOVs, Photomerge may recoginize that perfectly, but I don't see any way to tell if that's so, you can only wait for the output and look for problems...

I'd like to know if you can get better results with Photomerge, I'd llike to know what gives the best output, that's the only important thing!

PS: Can I post you a few pics, to see whta results you can get?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 01:44:59 am by jadazu »

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
image stitching
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2007, 06:14:48 pm »

PS: Can I post you a few pics, to see whta results you can get?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102906\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sure. Post slightly larger versions of the four you used for the example here -- say 600 pixels wide and I'll run them through PM3 with perspective correct rendering.  We can compare.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 06:24:43 pm by Jack Flesher »
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

Armstrong

image stitching
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2007, 10:46:48 pm »

I like that stuff that you did.

whites

image stitching
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2007, 05:26:44 am »

I tried to stitch four different images on photoshop 7.0. I followed the instructions given on the this site but the result shows the dividing line between images(attached). I must have gone wrong somewhere. Could anyone point out where it could be?
Thanks.[attachment=1589:attachment]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96903\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi,

I always do my stitched pics ' free hand '

Open a new layer - drag and drop in pics -

line them up[ can reduce opacity to assist ]

Use soft eraizer to blend - Crop - Flatten.

Takes more time but you get perfect results.

Give it a go...........

Steve
[ England ]

Craig Murphy

• http://www.murphyphotography.com
image stitching
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2007, 10:14:24 am »

I recently started experimenting with stiching.  Here is an image done with Panorama Factory, the same program that created a previous image on this thread that you all had problems with the results.  It was done with a Bogen pano head.  The rotation should have been correct as I have figured out the nodal point, leveling etc.  If anyone has an opinion on the quality of this pano please let me know.  Same errors as previous image? Should this be looking better?
Thanks!
CMurph

RomanJohnston

image stitching
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2007, 12:14:42 pm »

I have been using Photoshop CS3 lately and it is amazing.

Below is a shot I took in the Gorge a few weeks ago with my 12-24 Lens at 12MM

I took 4-Portait style shots with a 1/3 overlap. I just let Phothosp join this in circular mode.

No issues with lense curvature...no seam lines.....no problems whatsever....I am now becoming a pano junkie. I want Medium Format Digital...but cant justify the cost just yet. I have a print of this 50"x63" off a light jet printer. It is aboslutly amazing.

If you have photoshop 7.0...just bite the bullet and get the upgrade...the stiching aone is worth is....but a lot has changed since v. 7.0.....and you might be amazed.

Roman
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up