Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For fun...  (Read 434 times)

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
For fun...
« on: January 20, 2024, 10:17:33 am »

...still standing ::)

Todd Suttles

• Hi, amateur learning my way...
    • Todd Suttles
Re: For fun...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 11:50:10 am »

David,
I enjoy the way you break the rules and used the crop and aspect ratio to meld with the in-focus, subject tree. My experience is that it creates two clearly defined layers/planes in the image; front and back. Then I get to ponder what you are saying about the space between the two and... become more conscious of the in-fill I would write.   -I wish I could see the print. The internet is great but fails in comparison to the tactile physical object; I guess it is an exchange of impact for reach.

I'd love to know one of the stories YOU are telling with this if you'd care to elaborate and share it..

-/t
One Day At A Time

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 06:42:12 pm »

I have several images from this section of Rialto Beach, the dark forest behind, scattered light colored driftwood all over at the edge of the forest. I thought it kind of a harbinger of things to come. But there stood this rather priapic snag, old but "Still Standing" and it posed a symbolic moment for me at this time in life; that and my un-redeemed sense of humor. Nevertheless, its origins are evident in the background; its destiny inevitable and hinted at its base. I realize I could have included more of the forest and more of the fallen driftwood, but I had to work for it so I guess the viewer should too. And with such an "explicit" photo, perhaps I thought a little subtlety, or innuendo is better and might be intriguing.
Thanks for your comment, Todd, glad you like it.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 03:20:03 pm »

This is very good, not sure I would have gone with that post processing myself but it's a valid artistic choice and the composition is very good.

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 04:15:43 pm »

Yes, many choices, but thank you Armand
Pages: [1]   Go Up