Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am "stuck" with a figgedy stuck menu button  (Read 495 times)

Michael West

I am "stuck" with a figgedy stuck menu button
« on: December 06, 2023, 10:30:10 pm »

I got some food into the area of the Menu Button on my canon....

I can access the menu... but change only the speed. as thats where the Selected Area "ICON" on the menu was positioned  when it became stuck

Has anyone had any experience with this less than delightful sort of situation?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 12:14:11 am by Michael West »

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: I am "stuck" with a figgedy stuck menu button
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 04:47:58 am »

I believe those buttons have a membrane so that they are fully sealed.  If so (maybe you can double check somehow) then a high pressure blower might work (safely) around the edges of the button.  Still a risk of course, maybe ask Canon or another shop, the cost to repair (if the button has to be replaced).

Michael West

Re: I am "stuck" with a figgedy stuck menu button
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 10:34:04 am »

I believe those buttons have a membrane so that they are fully sealed.  If so (maybe you can double check somehow) then a high pressure blower might work (safely) around the edges of the button.  Still a risk of course, maybe ask Canon or another shop, the cost to repair (if the button has to be replaced).

Can didn't wan t to talk about it on the phone and my local repair guy gave me some hope that it wasn't a catastrophic event simply due to his toe of voice when I asked if he was familiar with such stuff. her seemed to think it was easily fixable cleanable

I was in shock last  night..   it tried it this morning.... and its fully functioning.

Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up