Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to De Curl Un Curl get rid of Roll Paper Curl - Is this a Joke  (Read 2154 times)

aaronleitz

Re: How to De Curl Un Curl get rid of Roll Paper Curl - Is this a Joke
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2023, 06:15:59 pm »

...If you have time and don't mind, snap a picture. I would love to see what I think I'm imagining.

The table top is a 4x8 foot sheet of cabinet plywood. I'm going to re-mount the wheels so that table sits a few inches lower - easier to manage the curl. Another artist photographer friend uses a ping-pong table and it's the perfect height.

wickedweather

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2023, 01:15:01 pm »

The table top is a 4x8 foot sheet of cabinet plywood. I'm going to re-mount the wheels so that table sits a few inches lower - easier to manage the curl. Another artist photographer friend uses a ping-pong table and it's the perfect height.

Brilliant. Thanks

Lessbones

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2023, 03:36:54 pm »

I'm going to re-mount the wheels so that table sits a few inches lower - easier to manage the curl.

Or just shove a couple of pieces of plywood under the printer wheels to raise it up, probably easier than redoing the casters on the table--

aaronleitz

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2023, 09:42:57 pm »

Or just shove a couple of pieces of plywood under the printer wheels to raise it up, probably easier than redoing the casters on the table--

Of course that didn't even occur to me. This is why I love the internet!

Kyle D Jackson

• Lone Leaf Photography
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2024, 07:55:00 pm »

I'm really late to this but I've been using a sheet of vinyl drafting table surface material that I had available. Stuff is still being unpacked from the move so I don't have a photo, but here's some random ones:
https://www.draftingsuppliesdew.com/drafting-tables/drafting-board-covers

It's a heavy material so it doesn't buckle/wrinkle readily, which reduces chances of making a print look dented/lumpy. And it stays rolled reasonably well so you don't need to tape it or anything to leave it sit for a while. I just lay the print on it face up and starting rolling. It grips the print readily to keep it from sliding. Practice determines how long I leave it sit before unrolling it.

Cheers
Kyle D Jackson
Ottawa, Canada
Lone Leaf Photography
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up