Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any news from Eric Myrvaagnes?  (Read 918 times)

francois

Any news from Eric Myrvaagnes?
« on: November 17, 2023, 11:50:10 am »

He hasn't been posting for a few months and now I just noticed that his personal website is suspended.
Francois

JoshuaMyrvaagnes

Re: Any news from Eric Myrvaagnes?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 03:43:09 pm »

Joshua Myrvaagnes here, Eric's son.  He is in a memory care place where he doesn't really have access to a computer, so I'm just passing on the message that he's there.  If anyone wants to write to him he can get snail mail, probably best to send it to my mother who can get there more often.  I live farther away, and the memory care place is somewhat understaffed so I'm not 100% sure mail would get delivered to him. 

Please send me a private message for the address, I don't want to put it out on a public forum as I'm not completely sure who can log in where with this and so I'd rather be on the safe side.

He has been having some memory decline for a while, but had not really reached the point of needing memory care.  But my mother had a sudden medical issue and couldn't take care of him, so while she's recuperating he is there at Rogerson House, and it looks like he's there to stay since my mom will need to be on medication that exhausts her.

It would be great for him to receive notes and photographs especially so he can still be engaged and maybe write back.  When I'm there next in Feburary I will try to set up a hotspot so he can get on line on his computer and continue giving feedback on photos. 

It says a lot that he was still active on here till the day he was put in memory care, photography has alwys been everything to him and it activates his mind.

Thanks for your care!

In community

Joshua

JoshuaMyrvaagnes

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 03:53:20 pm »

Also, since his eyesight isn't so good he had an extra-large screen and adaptive cursor on the computer at home, so he can't really get very far with a laptop.  We'll try it but I think it would have to be a desktop.

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2024, 05:21:13 pm »

Joshua, thanks for letting us know.
Speaking for a great bunch of us, we miss his presence here. Please convey to him that his friends on Luminous Landscape wish him well, miss him, and hope that he can return. Some of us will even be praying for him and his family.
He is definitely one of the good guys!
Pages: [1]   Go Up