Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P8000 one channel LLK blocked ? Does that affect the color output?  (Read 986 times)

BAB

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 535

Epson P8000 standard edition
LLK is the only ink that is not full on the print check all others are perfect
I have done all methods of cleaning cycles to clear it but it refuses to clear and I am about to run some test prints to see for myself if that one LLK ink would affect color printing.
if anyone knows the answer I'm all ears. (I have Epson on standby for a service call which you all know is 1k just trying to do everything I can to clear it before dropping the 1K

thanks
Logged
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

mcbroomf

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1627
    • Mike Broomfield
Re: P8000 one channel LLK blocked ? Does that affect the color output?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 02:11:54 pm »

I have a standard P8000 that needed a replacement head a few years ago (when it was ~ 4 years old).  I think I had 2 inks showing slight blockage and was able to keep printing for a month or so (light duty).  It eventually started showing banding on prints though and at that point I got it serviced using the One Time Service plan.  I would not use a standard service call/visit though, it will cost more than the OT Service.
Logged

BAB

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 535
Re: P8000 one channel LLK blocked ? Does that affect the color output?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 02:39:07 pm »

ok thanks they said a service special would be 1k including everything it needed (all parts including a new head) is that the one time you are referring to ?
Logged
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

mcbroomf

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1627
    • Mike Broomfield
Re: P8000 one channel LLK blocked ? Does that affect the color output?
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 06:01:25 am »

$1k all in is cheaper than the OT Service plan.  Usually a regular service call is a good deal more expensive but I don't know what a Service Special is.  I would grab it ...

https://epson.com/Accessories/Printer-Accessories/One-Time-Service-Plan---EPWPSP1R44/p/EPWPSP1R44
Logged

BAB

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 535
Re: P8000 one channel LLK blocked ? Does that affect the color output?
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2023, 07:21:24 pm »

got the new head only way to go now the printer is like new. thanks for the advice
Logged
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

mcbroomf

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1627
    • Mike Broomfield
Re: P8000 one channel LLK blocked ? Does that affect the color output?
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2023, 06:12:18 am »

 :)
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up