Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Make changes in Printer Que  (Read 754 times)

BradSmith

Can't Make changes in Printer Que
« on: November 09, 2023, 05:49:50 pm »

Mac os 13.5.2, Lightroom Classic 13.0.1, Epson P800.  Strange behavior.....starting a couple weeks ago, I can't make changes to items in the Epson driver's print que when sent for printing by LR Classic.  Message says I "must be an administrator to delete this job".  Never seen this before.   Went to LR and Get Info and looked at permissions.  Added myself and added "Administrators", both with Read/Write authority.  Didn't help.  And if I have to be Administrator for the Driver, how do I do that?   I'm stumped.
Brad

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Can't Make changes in Printer Que
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 06:41:47 pm »

Does the error only show up in Lightroom Classic?
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

pflower

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 02:38:00 pm »

I had the same message when I tried to delete a print task through the Epson Printer Proxy dialog after my ethernet connection to my P5000 slowed to a crawl.  After restarting my router I then tried to print again through LR  and found that the original print request was still in the queue, couldn't delete it or the second one and I was stuck with 2 A2 prints on expensive Photo Rag Paper.  I spoke to Epson support who weren't terribly helpful.  But they did think that my analysis might have been the root of the problem but couldn't say for sure.  I have abandoned my iMac's internal drive and now use an external SSD to boot up my iMac.  But my Adobe apps were all installed whilst I was booting up from the internal drive.  I wondered if somehow the Adobe apps thought that, since I was booting from an external drive, I was not an Administrator for those apps.  I thought about deleting the Adobe apps and reinstalling after booting up from the external drive but since I very seldom print more than 1 photo at a time haven't bothered to try that.

I have no idea if that was my problem and it may not have any relevance to your situation.  But that was my thought.

Mac os 13.5.2, Lightroom Classic 13.0.1, Epson P800.  Strange behavior.....starting a couple weeks ago, I can't make changes to items in the Epson driver's print que when sent for printing by LR Classic.  Message says I "must be an administrator to delete this job".  Never seen this before.   Went to LR and Get Info and looked at permissions.  Added myself and added "Administrators", both with Read/Write authority.  Didn't help.  And if I have to be Administrator for the Driver, how do I do that?   I'm stumped.
Brad

BradSmith

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 03:05:01 pm »

Does the error only show up in Lightroom Classic?
Sorry for the delay in responding...been away.   The error message I'm getting in the Epson driver Print Que about not being an adminstrator shows up for all files sent for printing from any application.....LR, PS, Word, Excel.....etc.  I'm the only administrator ever on my computer. Here are a couple screen shots showing those Permissions.  I tried to find the Driver app so I could choose  Get Info to see if the Permissions for it were screwed up, but I can't find that app in such a way that I can use the    Get Info tool.  I'm stumped.
Brad

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2023, 11:36:44 am »

The Epson "administrator" may be different from the Mac OS administrator which is an attribute given to an account holder.  You can make yourself an administrator in the Users and Groups panel in System Preferences.

The problem with external disks may be down to not having 'Ignore ownership on this volume' selected in the 'Get info' window for the disk.

BradSmith

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2023, 01:48:53 pm »

The Epson "administrator" may be different from the Mac OS administrator which is an attribute given to an account holder.  You can make yourself an administrator in the Users and Groups panel in System Preferences.

The problem with external disks may be down to not having 'Ignore ownership on this volume' selected in the 'Get info' window for the disk.

Yes, the Epson administrator might be different.  I don't know.   But as I said in my last message, I can't see the driver file anywhere to be able to see or change the adminstrator. Do you know how to see the permissions for the epson driver??   And external disks don't impact my situation
Brad

BradSmith

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2023, 03:25:18 pm »

Update - uninstalling and then reinstalling the driver has solved the problem.  The old jammed up print queue cleared and printing is back to normal.  Print queue not requiring "administrator" approval. 

Brad 

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2023, 08:35:46 am »

Update - uninstalling and then reinstalling the driver has solved the problem.  The old jammed up print queue cleared and printing is back to normal.  Print queue not requiring "administrator" approval. 

Brad
Very pleased you've achieved a solution !
Pages: [1]   Go Up