Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost icc files after software update  (Read 305 times)

Dward

Lost icc files after software update
« on: October 09, 2023, 05:33:36 pm »

Canon ipf4100, Mac Studio OS 13.5.2, Photoshop 24.7.0

After updating Photoshop to the latest version and updating to the latest Mac OS, most, though not all, of my ICC profiles have disappeared, including all of the Canon profiles that come with the machine.  I don't know whether it's the new OS or the latest Photoshop that has caused this.  And, I am unable to locate the Canon profiles for this printer anywhere on the Canon site.   Advice?   Thanks in advance.

David V. Ward

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Lost icc files after software update
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 05:57:51 pm »

And you don't have a backup made before installing a new OS? Sorry, but the solution is easy if you practice safe computing.
Why not just download and install them again (many get installed with the print driver).
No, it wasn't Photoshop.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Dward

Re: Lost icc files after software update
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 09:48:48 pm »

Thanks, Andrew    Yes, I had a Time Machine backup, but I wanted to use the latest OS.  I finally got it fixed, I think:  I reinstalled the driver (which had no obvious effect--still missing profiles), but then I tried re-installing a am1x file.  I had to overwrite the file that was already there, but not visible--and with that, all the other profiles reappeared.  The ones I was concerned about were only the ones that came with the printer---it's weird that reinstalling the driver didn't bring them with it.  Anyhow, it seems OK now.  Thanks again!

David Ward
Pages: [1]   Go Up