Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost Printer profiles  (Read 391 times)

KeithR

Lost Printer profiles
« on: September 20, 2023, 03:39:16 pm »

I created a number of printer profiles for the P900 that I use for color printing. Yesterday I went to print and all of my profiles were missing, even the ones i had downloaded from Canson. When I went to softproof, I clicked the down arrow to make a selection for the paper I wanted to use (which I made a custom profile for) and noticed they were all missing. I clicked on "other" to bring up the list of profiles (the Canson profiles were there) and none of them that I had previously checked were now unchecked and all of my custom-made profiles were gone. I don't recall which folder they would be in so I could reinstall them. Any help would be appreciated!
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Lost Printer profiles
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 07:45:22 pm »

On Mac:The 'main' profile folder which may be hidden until you allow your User Library to be seen is:
/Users/~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles
The user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS (drag). To access files in the hidden user Library folder, couple ways to get there: 
1. In the Finder, hold down the Option key when using the Go menu. The library will appear below the current user's home directory.
After you open the Library folder, drag the Library icon from the top of that window to the Dock or sidebar, so you can now get to it from now on.
2. In the Finder, choose: Go > Go to Folder.
In the Go To Folder dialog box, type ~/Library
Click Go.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

KeithR

Re: Lost Printer profiles
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 01:09:36 pm »

I'm on Win64, not Mac.
Something must have happened on a recent Windows (and or Epson) update as all of the profiles that I created with the i1Studio have all disappeared from the folder that I keep on my desktop. These were copies as they originally were in the C:/Window/system32/spool/color...
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience
Pages: [1]   Go Up