Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P800 Slow Printing  (Read 418 times)

chipphoto

Epson P800 Slow Printing
« on: August 15, 2023, 01:55:21 am »

I have been using this printer for about 6 years with no issues and it prints beautifully. In the past day it took one hour to print a 13 X 18 ABW image and a color image stopped about half way thru after 2 hours. A few days ago all printing was fine.I have a Mac M1 Max laptop running 13.4.1 and made no changes to any print settings.I print 2880 Super Photo,finest detail, slow speed ,360ppi.Epson sent me info that did not help.I did a head cleaning and alignment and the print head acted normally.The print head is moving erratically, it moves across the sheet and stops for a long time 4 to more than 30 seconds ,it does not go back and forth. When I did the alignment the print head moved normally, so I don't believe it is damaged.Any help would be appreciated,Thank you.

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Epson P800 Slow Printing
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 02:19:19 am »

Eliminate everything else by doing a test print from the Maintenance panel.
Then look at connectivity.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 04:36:30 am »

Yeah, what you've described seems like it's data starved.  You don't mention if it's connected by USB, ethernet or WiFi but check or change.

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2023, 06:53:14 am »

Yeah this sounds like a connectivity/data rate issue. I would recommend turning it off and back on again and rebooting your computer too. If it's connected via ethernet it's possibly gone from 100mbit to 10mbit. I would try reconnecting or replacing the ethernet cable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up