Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another B/W experiment  (Read 1275 times)

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Another B/W experiment
« on: August 12, 2023, 07:54:56 pm »

Two realities

Bob_B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3747
  • It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Re: Another B/W experiment
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 06:53:50 am »

Evocative, and a bit disturbing.
Logged
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

kers

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4602
    • Pieter Kers
Re: Another B/W experiment
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 07:46:13 am »

like it!
Logged

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Another B/W experiment
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 09:44:53 am »

Creepy, it looks like a marrow bone!
Logged
Francois

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Another B/W experiment
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2023, 11:11:03 am »

Bob, yes, I would hate to show it to one of my psychiatric colleagues! ;)
Pieter, thank you.
Francois, yes, you never know what the dogs may leave around ;)

Mark Nadler

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 911
Re: Another B/W experiment
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2023, 03:55:46 pm »

Given the images perspective, it looks more like a dinosaur bone.  I also like the image.

mark
Logged

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Another B/W experiment
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2023, 06:29:34 pm »

Thanks, Mark. I wish it was a dinosaur, but I'm afraid I'm the only one in sight!

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Another B/W experiment
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2023, 12:25:57 am »

Window on the World
Different. I like it, but would like to have C&C. Thanks in advance.

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Another B/W experiment
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2023, 06:34:36 am »

I like it a lot but it's a bit edgy, just as the first one. The general mood (of both) is heavy, somber. The two very light rectangles (reflection?) really add some life and also fill the almost black bottom of the frame. There's some details in that black area but they are barely identifiable...
Well done again.
Logged
Francois

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Another B/W experiment
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2023, 12:40:57 pm »

Thanks Francois. You were picking up what I was hoping. Something there in the darkness, but not quite sure what it is.

Maybe this one, the last one (!) is a bit lighter ;D Similar approach, different subject.

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Another B/W experiment
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2023, 10:52:52 am »

I like this one too. The lack of visible (or easily visible) man-made element makes it less spooky than the previous one.
Well done again, for this one and the two previous images.
Logged
Francois

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Another B/W experiment
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2023, 07:20:01 pm »

Thanks for your comments Francois. They were very helpful and let me know I was eliciting the "air" I intended.
Pages: [1]   Go Up