Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: InkJetMall Canon ink for pro-4100  (Read 817 times)

gchappel

InkJetMall Canon ink for pro-4100
« on: August 01, 2023, 09:03:56 pm »

Any experience with InkJetMall Canon ink?   Specifically, going into a pro 4100. 
I have friends that use the epson brand of inkjetmall ink with no issues. 
The canon inks are a whole different formulation, and I can find no actual user reviews.   
The oem inks are nuts- one set of 700cc inks is more than I paid for the printer.  ( And it came with 300cc inks)    If I have to buy a new printer after every 2 sets of inkjetmall inks- I would save money.
I trust their epson inks, just have not a clue about the canon ones.
Any experience out there?
Yes I understand my prints may not last 20yrs.  I am ok with that.   I create my own paper profiles, so that should be ok as well.   
Thanks so much
gary

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
Re: InkJetMall Canon ink for pro-4100
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 05:33:07 am »

Hi Gary,

I had no option but to try their Canon inks ( I am a long time user of their Piezography inks) for my iPf8400.

From what I understand, they are made in the USA, and I am also working on the idea that people who have made a name for themselves on quality products are not going to throw their name away by selling sub-standard products.

I have just the Gray at the moment and have noticed nothing using my old profiles.

I hope that helps!  :)
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

gchappel

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 11:16:09 am »

William, thanks!
I am thinking along the same lines- inkjet mall has a great reputation with Piezography and epson inks.   But the canon inks are new and unknown. 
Some other aftermarket inks (Precision Color)- will admit their blue, yellow, red and CO are not as good as the oem inks.   The aftermarket CO tends to be less glossy than the oem.    I sent an email to inkjetmall support with questions about the above. 
Glad to hear your early steps into this journey are going smoothly.   Sadly my ipf8400 died recently.   I miss her.
gary

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 07:47:27 am »

Wow, this is interesting. I wonder what the longevity is like on the yellow.

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2023, 04:14:22 pm »

I emailed to ask about longevity:

The longevity is about 75% that of the OEM. Aka, it will outlast most inkjet papers and if the papers are stored in a state where they will not be in contact with sulfur the ink will go for several hundred years

gchappel

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2023, 10:21:31 am »

Ryan, very useful info.  Thanks!!
I have been unable to find any actual testing. 
Several hundred years should be long enough.   
Yeck, 10yrs is long enough for my uses
gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up