Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture 1 Pictures Folders on a Mac  (Read 1949 times)

RT

Capture 1 Pictures Folders on a Mac
« on: July 16, 2023, 10:15:26 pm »

Hi,

I have an odd question that is bugging me. I'm using a Mac. In the Finder application there is a folder called "Pictures" where C1 stores all my different Catalogues. OK, I get that part. But within the Pictures folder there are also subfolders which are named by dates and what seems to be time of import.  For example, a subfolder might be titled "23-07-16 20.49.57" and in these folders are file names of all the pictures imported at the time. Meanwhile, I also have copies of files  in each of my catalogue folders (not to mention the original files I keep in my own filing system separate fro C1).  I've accumulated quite a number of date and time sub folders. My question is do I need to keep these (for lack of a better term on my part) "Import" folders because they tie back to the Library function or can I delete them with no negative impact since I already have files in the catalogue folders?  I'm mostly concerned because of the hard disk space they may be taking up as we're talking thousands of 25-45 mm MB files in these subfolders.

Thanks for any help you can give me in understanding what's gong on here.

Rene

spassig

Re: Capture 1 Pictures Folders on a Mac
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 02:24:10 pm »

Which macOS?
Post screenshot from Pictures.

I cannot send my screenshot from Pictures
Error message come.

Jochen

RT

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2023, 02:00:08 pm »

Hi Jochen,

I'm using Mac OS 13.41. (Ventura) which is the latest version. I've attached a screenshot of Pictures as you requested. You can see what I mean by the date and time folders as well as some of my actual catalogues.

Thanks,

Rene

montylparker

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2023, 04:28:11 am »

Those are images that have not yet been moved to one of your folders.   ;)

RT

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2023, 11:04:15 pm »

Unfortunately, that is not the case. I just crossed checked several photos and all are in their original folders (i.e. separate from C1) as well as in these Picture folders. Other thoughts?
Pages: [1]   Go Up