Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fractured Universe  (Read 552 times)

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Fractured Universe
« on: July 09, 2023, 03:05:40 pm »

(This is the sequel to "Wooden Metaverse". https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=142675.0)

My workflow in processing digital images is pretty well set. Most often I pre-visualize what I want, and then move through the myriad of processing steps and procedures to achieve my goal, or at least with hopes of getting close to it.

“Fracture Universe” is a break in this workflow. I had in mind a color photograph showing the tree rings, chainsaw cutting marks, fissures, etc, and to be honest, at a certain point in my processing steps the image was as expected. But, for better or worst, I couldn’t help but wonder what it would look like in black and white? Hmmm, not bad. What about with a bit more contrast? Yep, definitely something here. And, then as I was experimenting with contrast, I inverted the image, and viola! Something unexpected, but eye-worthy. Undoubtedly, this isn’t a photo I’d expect to see blown up to ginormous size and hanging in a public space…okay, maybe. It would definitely have to be a ‘special’ public space. But I kind of like it. How ‘bout you? Let me know. We’re all part of the experiment.

Your C&C is most welcomed.
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Fractured Universe
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 05:00:13 pm »

Another great idea, Bob. Keep going, definitely. One nit, a little crunchy? Ironic, coming from me ::)

Bob_B

• It's all about light
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 05:07:00 pm »

Another great idea, Bob. Keep going, definitely. One nit, a little crunchy? Ironic, coming from me ::)

David, David, David, David! :) Fractures _are_ supposed to be sharp and crunchy. (I couldn't resist, and know you wouldn't mind. FWIW: No sharpening was used in the production of this photograph.) Seriously, thanks for your comment. I appreciate your opinion.
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

Michael West

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2023, 05:44:57 pm »

(This is the sequel to "Wooden Metaverse". https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=142675.0)

My workflow in processing digital images is pretty well set. Most often I pre-visualize what I want, and then move through the myriad of processing steps and procedures to achieve my goal, or at least with hopes of getting close to it.

“Fracture Universe” is a break in this workflow. I had in mind a color photograph showing the tree rings, chainsaw cutting marks, fissures, etc, and to be honest, at a certain point in my processing steps the image was as expected. But, for better or worst, I couldn’t help but wonder what it would look like in black and white? Hmmm, not bad. What about with a bit more contrast? Yep, definitely something here. And, then as I was experimenting with contrast, I inverted the image, and viola! Something unexpected, but eye-worthy. Undoubtedly, this isn’t a photo I’d expect to see blown up to ginormous size and hanging in a public space…okay, maybe. It would definitely have to be a ‘special’ public space. But I kind of like it. How ‘bout you? Let me know. We’re all part of the experiment.

I'm betting that a slice of OAK??  I had a friend in the French oak barrel business who shared  a finely honed slice of OAK that appears to be about the slice in the image,  I found several uses for images of it on his web site.

I like it!

Bob_B

• It's all about light
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023, 07:02:26 am »

Hi Michael. Yes, its oak.
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

francois

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2023, 09:23:46 am »

Brilliant!

Bravo, again, Bobo.
Francois

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2023, 11:01:23 am »

David, David, David, David! :) Fractures _are_ supposed to be sharp and crunchy. (I couldn't resist, and know you wouldn't mind. FWIW: No sharpening was used in the production of this photograph.) Seriously, thanks for your comment. I appreciate your opinion.
Great reply!

Bob_B

• It's all about light
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2023, 06:15:07 pm »

Francois and David: Thank you.
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

armand

• Photos
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2023, 08:44:02 pm »

Excellent, I have multiple similar shots waiting for my attention and I would be happy to get them similarly good.

Bob_B

• It's all about light
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2023, 07:00:25 am »

Thanks, Armand.
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up