Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P1 XC  (Read 812 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
P1 XC
« on: June 27, 2023, 03:58:36 pm »

What the heck is P1 doing?

Such a total waste of engineering resources IMHO.

The only thing they should be focusing on is a mirrorless platform enabling the accurate focusing of their existing lenses on their existing backs be it with a slowish contrast aF at first.

I get more details shooting portraits with my Z8/Z9 than with my XF IQ4-150 most of the time… due to soft focus. Ok, one in 10 images is super sharp… and the model has her eyes closed in half of those. And that’s shooting at f5.6/f8 in bright conditions…

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 09:05:26 pm by BernardLanguillier »

JoeKitchen

Re: P1 XC
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 04:50:43 pm »

The XC seems to be a bit of a tweak of the XT.  (Albeit I never used the XT; I am just going by what I see and read on the systems.)  So perhaps they are trying to generate some quick cash with a minimal investment by getting XT users to buy a second XC body? 

I have to agree with you here though.  Mirrorless is the wave of the future, and we can only hope that behind close doors they are working on something. 

Given my work, I probably would not be interested, but a lot of people would.  What I am more worried about is Phase One remaining competitive and solvent, so I can continue to get service for my back when I need it. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

hans.joachim.klotz@macbay.de

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 03:07:29 am »

I missing:

Release button on the handle.
Viewfinder.

Jochen

Bozzdivine

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2023, 03:21:39 am »

It seems like they're not listening to their users' needs. As Joe mentioned, it's possible they're trying to generate some quick cash, but it does feel like a misstep when there's a clear demand for a mirrorless platform.

Jochen, the lack of a release button on the handle and viewfinder does sound like a major oversight. I hope P1 takes note of this feedback and makes necessary improvements in future iterations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up