Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions ON Tethering to a I pad or ???  (Read 886 times)

rollsman44

Suggestions ON Tethering to a I pad or ???
« on: June 07, 2023, 04:37:26 pm »

I am trying to buy someting Thats not expensive. All I want to do is Have my images transferred to a Ipad or?? just to see how the focus is and see how the images look and NOT use my Camera rear LCD
I will not be editing on it JUST Viewing my images. I am using a Hasselblad X1D2 and Hasselblad H5D-40 . Thank you

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Suggestions ON Tethering to a I pad or ???
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 06:42:30 pm »

Phocus should allow both Live view and after the event. You can then connect an iPad by Phocus Mobile to Phocus. I don't know if there is an iPad solution that works directly to both cameras.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

rollsman44

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 07:53:36 pm »

Hi Bob, I am not looking to use any Software just a Monitor to see the image and see if its in focus.   Thank you   Is a Laptop ok to use?  If so, cant I buy an older Model just to do this?    TY

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 01:47:21 am »

Hi Bob, I am not looking to use any Software just a Monitor to see the image and see if its in focus.   Thank you   Is a Laptop ok to use?  If so, cant I buy an older Model just to do this?    TY
Have you tried just connecting a monitor to the HDMI port?
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

rollsman44

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 01:47:31 pm »

No I have not. Maybe that will work. I will get back to you   Thank you

Bozzdivine

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2023, 06:47:29 am »

Hi @rollsman44! Just chiming in to second @BobShaw's suggestion. Connecting a monitor to your camera via HDMI should give you a larger display for checking your focus and reviewing images. An older laptop or even a portable monitor could work for this as long as it has the right HDMI input. Do check the specifications of your Hasselblad cameras for the type of HDMI they output (likely mini or micro). You'll need to get a suitable HDMI cable that matches your camera's HDMI output and the monitor's HDMI input.

Tethering your Hasselblad X1D2 or H5D-40 to a monitor, such as an iPad or a laptop, should be pretty straightforward. You can use a TetherPro USB to USB-C cable if your device has a traditional USB port, or a TetherPro USB-C to USB-C cable if it has a USB-C port. These cables are part of the Starter and Pro Tethering Kits from Tether Tools, which are designed to help you transition smoothly into a tethered workflow.

As for the software, Phocus is a free package designed for Hasselblad cameras, and it should work seamlessly with both your models. It offers a clean and uncluttered workflow, making it easier to navigate and control the editing process. You can also take a peek at this article at https://tethertools.com/blog/shooting-tethered-with-the-hasselblad-x1d/  for a more comprehensive explanation.

rollsman44

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2023, 08:46:11 am »

Thank you so much for explaining this.  I will check my camera port and see what I need.  Again, thank you and everyone who helped me with this

BFD

• Dana Neibert
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2023, 10:11:30 pm »

Thank you so much for explaining this.  I will check my camera port and see what I need.  Again, thank you and everyone who helped me with this
Be careful when using the HDMI to monitor/check focus for still pictures. Many times it is a low res image that is nothing like the 1:1 you see on your camera LCD. But Cascable for iPad works great for what you are wanting. You can use it to check focus and even capture images to the iPad. I use it once in a while when a laptop is too big/obtrusive for tethered capture.
Pages: [1]   Go Up