Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ljótipollur Crater Lake  (Read 442 times)

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
Ljótipollur Crater Lake
« on: June 07, 2023, 01:06:09 pm »

armand

• Photos
Re: Ljótipollur Crater Lake
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 11:59:45 pm »

Stunning as usual!

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 06:53:31 am »

Stunning as usual!

Thanks, Armand.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 04:20:22 pm »

Glorious!
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

francois

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2023, 02:44:44 am »

Those colors are really incredible. Some people would easily believe that it's just Photoshop  :D
Francois

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2023, 04:20:59 am »

Eric & Francois - thank you.

Francois - in the right conditions many of the sights in the Icelandic Highlands may lead one to believe it is AI generated landscape. I had to be careful to tone down saturation in the red and the cyan-blue of the lake after any contrast adjustment.

francois

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2023, 09:15:29 am »

Eric & Francois - thank you.

Francois - in the right conditions many of the sights in the Icelandic Highlands may lead one to believe it is AI generated landscape. I had to be careful to tone down saturation in the red and the cyan-blue of the lake after any contrast adjustment.

Thanks for the info. My last visit in Iceland wasn't that colorful and weather was really bad and overcast with rain. That being said, I enjoyed Iceland.
Francois

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2023, 04:14:46 am »

Fantastic.

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2023, 11:29:26 am »

Very nice image. The dappled light adds a lot and and of course the subject is awe inspiring.
I've just gotten a drone myself so I hope to get a little of this kind of perspective into my work as well. So far I'm just trying to get proficient at flying it.
-MattB

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2023, 10:51:55 am »

Fantastic.

Very nice image. The dappled light adds a lot and and of course the subject is awe inspiring.
I've just gotten a drone myself so I hope to get a little of this kind of perspective into my work as well. So far I'm just trying to get proficient at flying it.

Thank you, Paulo and Matt.

Matt - great to hear and looking forward to seeing your drone work. This particular image was taken in 2020 from a Cessna. Impossible to plan for any scene in Iceland. One simply takes what one gets depending on the conditions at that moment. Multiple visits may help but luck goes a long way.

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2023, 06:32:41 pm »

Thank you, Paulo and Matt.

Matt - great to hear and looking forward to seeing your drone work. This particular image was taken in 2020 from a Cessna. Impossible to plan for any scene in Iceland. One simply takes what one gets depending on the conditions at that moment. Multiple visits may help but luck goes a long way.

Yes, it's similar in Colorado. Maybe not impossible but at least a couple levels of contingency is usually a good idea. Or at least when it's good it is. Sometimes it's cloudless for weeks but that usually kills my desire to shoot landscapes.
-MattB

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2023, 07:16:24 pm »

I had to be careful to tone down saturation in the red and the cyan-blue of the lake after any contrast adjustment.
Masterfully done. Thank you for showing this.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2023, 11:09:06 pm »

Which drone? I've been contemplating getting one for a long time but I can't use it in national parks and I do find them bothersome when people use them around me and still thinking how to mitigate that.

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2023, 04:58:23 am »

Which drone? I've been contemplating getting one for a long time but I can't use it in national parks and I do find them bothersome when people use them around me and still thinking how to mitigate that.

The new line of DJI drone is much quieter. Flying near people is a no-no, but I hear you.

In Iceland one is required to apply for permission to fly in the national park areas. Outside of them flying is allowed unless expressly prohibited by a "No Drone" sign. Also, Icelandic etiquette dictates that if you are on a farm, you must first go meet the farmer and ask for his approval. Increasingly this is becoming an issue with intrusive tourists. What was not long ago an open, friendly, and welcoming environment, now changed on account of mass tourism.

Thank you, David.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 05:03:30 am by Rajan Parrikar »

Arlen

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2023, 09:33:24 pm »

Beautiful, defined by both the colors and the play of the lines.
Pages: [1]   Go Up