Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I never post but thought I would spread the word about B&H  (Read 1023 times)

thomas.petzwinkler

Hi Guys,
I'm a bit of a lurker but wanted to fill you guys in on my experience with B&H today. I was ordering 600 dollars worth of paper and realized they've cut out their free shipping. I then took that out of the cart and tried to order a 2k camera to see if that would solve the issue (since paper is heavy). NO go. Looks like the good old days of fast free shipping at B&H are gone. I tried to chat with a rep and ask about it. I told them I had ordered from Adorama but wanted to find out if the full cost shipping was permanent since I"ve been a loyal B&H customer for 30 years. The guy just cut me off and did the chat equivalent of hanging up the phone. Ridiculous.

That said, Epson has a rebate on paper right now and that was what I was trying to get. Buy 3 get the cheapest one free. TOTAL BARGAIN! Adorama (who still ships for free) immediately got my business. Just wanted to post a heads up for those not in the know. Hope this isn't a permanent thing at B&H.

This seemed the correct forum for this topic but if not, I apologize ahead of time.

Tom

MDL_SD

Re: I never post but thought I would spread the word about B&H
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 10:07:00 am »

I placed an order from B&H yesterday and received free shipping.  When I visited the website after seeing your email the header still says "free expedited shipping to San Diego".  I'm not sure what happened to you, but B&H seems not to have removed free shipping as a blanket policy.

nirpat89

• Photography by Niranjan Patel
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 11:11:51 am »

Still free shipping on orders over $49 for me. Nothing seems to have changed.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 12:52:37 pm »

Check to see if anything in your order would have eliminated free shipping

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/HelpCenter/Shipping.jsp#freeShipping

BAB

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 01:37:55 pm »

Epson paper is drop shipped doesn't come from B&H directly
Epson has the worst marketing I've been a customer for ever and I never get notified about the sales
Other resellers of Epson paper also offer free shipping its built in to the price.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

thomas.petzwinkler

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 07:05:28 am »

Forgive me everyone. I feel like a complete idiot and am sure will look like one too. I had sent a lens to my friend in the Philippines and hadn’t realized their address was still in the send to section. I feel like such a complete ass. Thank all of you for your responses though. Great way to start my forum posting!
Pages: [1]   Go Up