Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing hundreds of sessions into a catalog  (Read 1260 times)

adrianlambert

Importing hundreds of sessions into a catalog
« on: May 20, 2023, 01:55:42 pm »

Anyone got any tips for importing a shed load of sessions into a catalog?

cortlander

Re: Importing hundreds of sessions into a catalog
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2023, 12:26:13 pm »

It would be no different than importing both session as well as catalog directories into catalogs. You can continue to use sessions, but do no edits in catalogs. Catalog would be used as an organization to find stuff hiding in sessions. You can continue to add more catalogs.

cortlander

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2023, 08:39:27 am »

So can you import sessions into a catalog? I was selecting images from sessions, not the sessions themselves. That would be easier.

And.... if you do that, and you make later edits in the session, will the catalog be updated?

Thanks....
Geoff

UnfamiliarLight

• Unfamiliar Light
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2024, 12:53:45 pm »

So can you import sessions into a catalog?

Yes, not in front of my photo computer but here is the support page: https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002523278-Importing-a-Session

And.... if you do that, and you make later edits in the session, will the catalog be updated?
No, the importing in to the catalog puts the edits into catalog database so future edits done using the session will not be seen - I recommend you do *not* do that.

tcphoto1

• http://www.tonyclarkphoto.com
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2024, 01:00:26 pm »

I'm curious why you want to create such a large catalog? From the very beginning of using Capture One, I chose to create individual sessions for my shoots whether it's for individual clients or personal projects. I create a session and name it by the date which will then go into the clients master folder or by subject name. I cannot imagine how long it would take to impost hundreds of sessions into a catalog. I'm sure that you've come up with your strategy but perhaps you will share your rational.
Pages: [1]   Go Up