Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe Customer Service's Layers of Ineptness  (Read 949 times)

Michael West

Adobe Customer Service's Layers of Ineptness
« on: May 18, 2023, 01:46:58 pm »

My mac ran out of memory cna crashed.

i rebooted.

lightroon re launched unbiden.

I attempted to launch photoshop...and was "confronted with  The ADobe Apllication managers request to access my license data.

The Application manager  presented me its won version of the infamous spiing beachball for several minutes....i quit  it..

the Application manger launched when i attempted to launch photoshop...giving me the option to change my password...i opted in.

15 minutes later no promised email message...

I called abode...

three differetn cumtes service "professionals informed me that they were no long support my version of Adobe Photoshop  or lightroom

I INFORMED THEM THAT LIGHTROOM and LAUNCHED with any ID issues

the "techs"  boiler rom phone flunkies  informed me that Photohosp was not SUPPORTED and that i should buy a new computer

I informed ALL 3.... that ,my LICENSE data had been accessed and passed the test in order to launch Lightroom....

same anse" "solution" get a new mac.

iasked if LIGHTROOM...form the same CC COMBO as Photoshp was OKAYED TO RUN...what the saem would not be true for PHOTOSHOP...they mumbled...and repeate the stock excuse offered when they refused to listen to DETAILS and were  unable to process sequentnal THOUGHT.

ANOTHER thought occireed to me

I though perhaps if I exported a file from Lightroom asking that photoshop be launched  after export that this might be sufficient to get Photoshop recognized by whatever data stream "needed to know" it was LICENSED.

Adobe Application Manager launched again....THIS time..... i entered my account password...and VOILA.....Photoshop was launched

forty five minutes i will not get back ...talking to people not sufficiently informed and willing to get to the heart of a SIMPLE PROBLEM.

Tahnks for listening to complaine agaons current standards of knowledgeable service

anyone here ever run into this wall??

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
Re: Adobe Customer Service's Layers of Ineptness
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 02:08:26 pm »

You've been baptized. Enjoy.
~ CB

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 02:12:47 pm »

Go to the Adobe community forums and post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/ct-p/ct-photoshop?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang=all&tabid=all

If you have problems or need answers from other users who volunteer their time to help, do so in a discussion topic and message body, whereby you post specifics (what's the problem or issue, or the question) and provide some information about your operating system, version of the software you're asking about and steps to illustrate your problem.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-fine-tune-the-subject-line-of-your-adobe-community-forum-post-for-better-results/td-p/13476026

If you want Adobe to be viewing what you post, there are two ways based on what you are hoping to report:
If you wish to report what you believe is a bug, you do so by following these guidelines:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idi-p/12373403

If you wish to provide a feature request, you do so by following these guidelines (then make a request in the product forum):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/12386378
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 08:06:21 pm »

45 minutes of wasted time is not so bad, I spent many hours on phone with the large SW companies who employed clueless and and poorly trained support staff.

Michael, what is your version of Photoshop?

Michael West

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 12:12:48 am »

You've been baptized. Enjoy.

customer service....all frorn Injuh..i know a few people from india....and none of them speak that rapidly...OYE!

Adobe is dishing out inept and improper directions.

im' going to write...to someone a few echelons above the phone crew.

thanks!

Michael West

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 12:16:29 am »

45 minutes of wasted time is not so bad, I spent many hours on phone with the large SW companies who employed clueless and and poorly trained support staff.

Michael, what is your version of Photoshop?

social secutiry lost my account a few montsh ago...i waiterd on the phone for 2 hours get a call thorugh  but they did speak understandable english  at a reasonable speed....

the application maaged simply renewed.by account "alerting me that I was NOW a registered.....user

i cant believe none of their staff got that it wasnt photoshop that was a aproblem but the fact that I couldnt "get" access" as a registered user.

those customer service people have missed thier calling....working for the gubment

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2023, 03:09:49 am »

social secutiry lost my account a few montsh ago...i waiterd on the phone for 2 hours get a call thorugh  but they did speak understandable english  at a reasonable speed....

and in the future your call will be answered by AI....
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2023, 10:25:23 am »

My mac ran out of memory cna crashed.

forty five minutes i will not get back ...talking to people not sufficiently informed and willing to get to the heart of a SIMPLE PROBLEM.

Tahnks for listening to complaine agaons current standards of knowledgeable service

anyone here ever run into this wall??

45 entire whole minutes? Lord have mercy, poor you. Seriously, if I get an issue like this solved in 45 minutes I count myself fortunate. And, you spent almost as much time composing your screed. At least you didn't waste time troubling yourself with spelling and the like.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2023, 10:39:54 am »

“My core belief is that if you're complaining about something for more than three minutes, two minutes ago you should have done something about it.“ -Caitlin Moran
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Michael West

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2023, 12:38:58 pm »

and in the future your call will be answered by AI....

theres an inspiring thought....

Michael West

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2023, 12:44:00 pm »

45 entire whole minutes? Lord have mercy, poor you. Seriously, if I get an issue like this solved in 45 minutes I count myself fortunate. And, you spent almost as much time composing your screed. At least you didn't waste time troubling yourself with spelling and the like.

I often  expect far more from people than they are capable of ...likely based on my cognitive functionality

there spit made no sense...whatsever and i am thinking of contacting somebody in a US office about thier inanity.

3.6 K  i spent on on CC  and id expect some small bit or expert advice....on rare occasions
Pages: [1]   Go Up