Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon ipf8400 - 3 maintenance cartridges in 1 month. HELP  (Read 222 times)

Kanvas Keepsakes

Canon ipf8400 - 3 maintenance cartridges in 1 month. HELP
« on: May 17, 2023, 11:41:17 pm »

Hello fam.  It's been a long time since I've printed and kind of let my Canon ipf8400 sit back and do nothing.  When I decided to put it back to work my left print head went out.  I bought a replacement and in the process of swapping it, the maintenance cartridge filled up.  I ordered a replacement.  I installed the maintenance catridge and as soon as I tried printing the other printhead went out.  Bought the other print head replacement.  While purging the ink to replace 2nd print head the maintenance catridge filled and my printer stayed stuck.  I ordered another maintenance catridge (mind you I still haven't replaced the 2nd print head).  It looks like my printer literally just wasted ink non stop until my 2nd maintenance cartridge filled up!  So I still haven't even replaced the 2nd print head because my printer has filled up 2 new maintenance cartridges.  So now I'm on my 3rd MC in 1 month and haven't even had a chance to replace the other print head.  Why is my printer freaking out??  I'm afraid when I install the 3rd MC it's going to just pass ink until it fills up and errors out again.  Anyone have any ideas?? 

mearussi

Re: Canon ipf8400 - 3 maintenance cartridges in 1 month. HELP
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 06:55:17 am »

Hello fam.  It's been a long time since I've printed and kind of let my Canon ipf8400 sit back and do nothing.  When I decided to put it back to work my left print head went out.  I bought a replacement and in the process of swapping it, the maintenance cartridge filled up.  I ordered a replacement.  I installed the maintenance catridge and as soon as I tried printing the other printhead went out.  Bought the other print head replacement.  While purging the ink to replace 2nd print head the maintenance catridge filled and my printer stayed stuck.  I ordered another maintenance catridge (mind you I still haven't replaced the 2nd print head).  It looks like my printer literally just wasted ink non stop until my 2nd maintenance cartridge filled up!  So I still haven't even replaced the 2nd print head because my printer has filled up 2 new maintenance cartridges.  So now I'm on my 3rd MC in 1 month and haven't even had a chance to replace the other print head.  Why is my printer freaking out??  I'm afraid when I install the 3rd MC it's going to just pass ink until it fills up and errors out again.  Anyone have any ideas??
Software flaw. It keeps trying to fill up your old printhead as if it were a new installed one but then detects that it's bad. Just replace the old head with a new one and it shouldn't do this. BTW, the maintenance cartridges are not that hard to reuse. Just take them apart, clean out the old ink and reset the chip (it's a software reset function in your printer when in maintenance mode).

Kanvas Keepsakes

Re: Canon ipf8400 - 3 maintenance cartridges in 1 month. HELP
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 08:00:33 am »

Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up