Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A7RV tethering to C1Pro for Mac and iPad, jpgs only??  (Read 817 times)

ski542002

A7RV tethering to C1Pro for Mac and iPad, jpgs only??
« on: May 09, 2023, 03:20:21 pm »

I only shoot raw with my newly-purchased A7RV, as well as my A7R3.
I CAN import Sony raw files to C1Pro 23, either by using a card reader OR, by setting my Sony USB settings to MASS STORAGE.  No Problems, works well with either camera.

-Problem is, IF on the A7RV, I tether to my Mac or iPad Pro (Still set to raw), the A7RV will ONLY shoot and transfer a low resolution JPG to C1Pro 23.  A7RV IS still set to RAW, and any of the various raw file options available in C1Pro settings. JPGS are NOT selected (NO Raw+Jpg).

-In Camera information under TETHERING in C1Pro 23,  RAW is selected in ALL areas where I have an option to select different file formats.

-In the naming convention options window on C1Pro 23, the sample file name always appends to JPG, but raw is selected in C1Pro everywhere else!!

-My A7R3 has NONE of these issues tethering to the Mac or iPad Pro.  I set raw, it tethers my raw file. 

This is a huge, frustrating issue.  I need to tether the A7RV to C1Pro 23.

ericstaud

• www.ericstaudenmaier.com
Re: A7RV tethering to C1Pro for Mac and iPad, jpgs only??
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 07:50:44 pm »

It's a feature on your fancy new camera. Check your network settings and read the help guide.

https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2230/v1/en/contents/TP0003057069.html?search=remote%20shooting%20setting

ski542002

Re: A7RV tethering to C1Pro for Mac and iPad, jpgs only??
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 11:20:28 am »

I would say OVERLY FANCY is a better term!    I did find the solution thanks to the suggestion from another user on a different forum, by looking in Network settings.   

Here's what I found
In  Network settings on the RV.  I found...

Network option #1 Cnct./PC Remote, Remote Shoot Setting,  Save Image Size, ORIGINAL.  (When the camera was only tethering jpgs to capture one, instead of ORIGINAL, JPG was the selected option). Now all is well on iPad & MacBook Pro.

I attached 3 screenshots from the camera which should be clearer than Sony's manual.  And the fix also worked tethering to my iPad Pro

Thanks for the reply!

Pages: [1]   Go Up