Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image license or just an image release?  (Read 813 times)

rcdurston

• http://www.durstonphoto.com/
Image license or just an image release?
« on: April 26, 2023, 05:40:44 am »

Howdy
I have a client who asked me this today. Since all my models are professionals from an agency I never really deal with this outside of a simple model release for the occasional editorl shoot.
"To do this we are partnering with a XYZ Facebook group to use their historic images that people have uploaded to their Facebook Chanel. We want to also send  a “model release” or an “image release” form to allow us to use the images on YouTube, social channels and possible OOH activity."
I have told them it would be a proper image license that would cover off any persons in the images "being released" from the photographer/client.
Does anyone have such a form or can steer me that way?
Thanks
Rob

tcphoto1

• http://www.tonyclarkphoto.com
Re: Image license or just an image release?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 10:25:09 am »

My business is based on licensing images to my direct client and licensing does not transfer to a third party, they need to contact me directly to license images. I have longtime clients that pay for unlimited usage and that doesn't include secondary entities, I secure a signed estimate for every shoot and deliver a final invoice including licensing after completion and delivery of images. Nearly a year ago, I did a small shoot for a new local client and used my usual workflow including digital proof sheets and registered the images with the LOC. Shortly after delivery, I discovered three violations including two videos of the unlicensed images which will likely result in a low six figure settlement. The lesson is that your images have value, conduct yourself professionally, protect your Intellectual Property and deliver quality images.
Pages: [1]   Go Up