Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suddenly a models new agent is hassling me  (Read 1935 times)

stevebri

Suddenly a models new agent is hassling me
« on: April 18, 2023, 01:40:26 am »

This just turned up in my inbox.

A guy writes to my office claiming to be a models agent and requesting a copy of her model release, claiming she’s lost hers. I last worked with her 5yrs ago.
We both signed the semi standard ASMP style release.

You should note this guy contacts me via an iCloud account, no phone number, no address.

I  initial write to the model, saying ‘some guy’ is claiming to be your agent, if he is let me know, if not, be careful.

I then reply to ‘this guy’ saying that he could be anyone and until I hear otherwise, I deal directly with the model.

This obviously hit a nerve with him as his long reply goes into a rant and saying if I don’t supply a copy by such and such a date, he will get his legal team involved…!

The way I see it, he has no legal right to ask me for anything. She hasn’t written saying he is acting for her so until she does, I’ll file it.

If she wants a copy of her release, fine.. but she needs to contact me first.

Anyone had similar experiences. Or have any advice..?

Thx,

Steve

aaronleitz

Re: Suddenly a models new agent is hassling me
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 12:41:20 pm »

Probably a scam. Unless you enjoy the back and forth I would never reply to this sort of email because if it is a scam you could be flagged as someone who responds/engages and you're more likely to get targeted for other scams.

stevebri

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 02:40:43 am »

Thanks for replying Aaron,
It not a scam but what I did was txt the model, then replied to him saying ’you could be anyone’.
Also stating he cannot use any of my images and my contract is with the model, and unless I hear from her first… etc.

She never replied, he got a bit upset with my short response and threatened to get his lawyer involved if I didn’t produce the release by a certain time and date.

After that immature response, I filed the email, I won’t be entering into any more emails unless she replies confirming who he is.

The guy could have gone about this a whole lot better.

S

BAB

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 10:44:07 pm »

It’s never a great idea to negotiate through emails with hostiles. You did the right thing filing the emails. Never be threatened by I’ll have my lawyer contact you.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

BFD

• Dana Neibert
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2023, 10:17:14 pm »

Sounds like a scam or a stalker (maybe he just wants her personal info). If the guy is an agent, surely he would have an agency that you could call to verify his claim. Then have him call his client (the model) and tell her to respond to you release the info to him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up