Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac Os 10.15.7 Catalina cannot upgrade Pshop!  (Read 729 times)

louismccullagh

Mac Os 10.15.7 Catalina cannot upgrade Pshop!
« on: April 17, 2023, 11:58:13 am »

Hi
My IMAC will not upgrade to the latest OS so I am stuck on Mac Os 10.15.7 Catalina  and the latest Photoshop(I have been using it since 1999) will not download/work with this OS.

It seems bad they I am now paying monthly for a software which can no longer be updated (I have no desire to change my mac as it is satisfactory for my needs).

Any suggestions? Should I keep on paying or switch to the  Pshop Elements which I have never used, I guess I could try it for free.

I wondered if anyone else has faced the above and what they did to.

Many thanks

eddiehop

Re: Mac Os 10.15.7 Catalina cannot upgrade Pshop!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 01:22:37 pm »

Hi
We had an old MacPro which was stuck at 10.11. We were not able to update Photoshop and Lightroom for years.

But...we kept paying our monthly fee because Photoshop and Lightroom had vastly greater functionality than Photoshop Elements. (Bear in mind you will be stuck with an older version of Photoshop Elements too.)  And the older version of Photoshop and Lightroom, while lacking all the updates, was nevertheless adequate for our needs.

Historical note: we recently upgraded our hardware to a MacStudio and are not enjoy all the new features of Photoshop and Lightroom. It is quite amazing what these programs can do now.

You are going to have to update that old computer someday. Your browsers and other programs are increasingly out of date already.

So tough it out as long as you can with the old hardware and then make the move to new hardware.

Good luck.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 01:58:09 pm »

I suggest upgrading your hardware (or leaving the Adobe subscription products behind). If the Adobe tools are essential, the first option is the way to go.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

francois

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023, 05:28:39 am »

I just wanted to add that computers (like most things out there) don't live forever. An old computer may be working fine today and then die tomorrow. As Andrew says above, look at your priorities (features and functions you need) for your decisions.
Francois

Bozzdivine

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 05:00:36 pm »

Why don't you try the program you wrote about, especially since you have the opportunity to try it for free
Pages: [1]   Go Up