Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3200 printmech/formatter question  (Read 390 times)

mfrohman

z3200 printmech/formatter question
« on: March 24, 2023, 01:39:22 am »

Feel like I'm winding down from my z3200 but trying one last time to keep it running. I just did some big repairs, changing out the belt and the power supply and logic board. I thought it went well but when I tried to start it up I get a 01:1.10 error and then the screen goes blank. The guys at LPS told me that the wire connecting to the printmech can be fussy and to try reseating and wiggling it. I've tried a million times with no luck.

I have another z3200 which has a different unresolvable issue so I thought I might take the printmech and formatter from that machine and swap them out to the 1st machine. I know the printmech and the formatter both have to be changed and somehow pair with each other. I also found this warning in the service manual: "
You MUST NEVER replace both the Formatter and the PrintMech PCA at the same time. If both parts need to be replaced, you MUST first replace one part and then power ON the Printer until it completely initializes. Then you can power OFF the Printer and replace the other part."

This is confusing to me as I thought they pair with each other. So should I uninstall the printmech and install the new one, then turn the machine on and off. And then replace the formatter?

If anyone has any insight into any of this, I'd appreciate it (before I make a big, and likely final, mess!).

thanks!
2 x HP Z3200, Canon 4100, Epson p-800

deanwork

Re: z3200 printmech/formatter question
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 10:26:08 am »

You may find something useful here.

http://z3200.com/about_Z3200_and_Mark_Lindquist.htm

John

Feel like I'm winding down from my z3200 but trying one last time to keep it running. I just did some big repairs, changing out the belt and the power supply and logic board. I thought it went well but when I tried to start it up I get a 01:1.10 error and then the screen goes blank. The guys at LPS told me that the wire connecting to the printmech can be fussy and to try reseating and wiggling it. I've tried a million times with no luck.

I have another z3200 which has a different unresolvable issue so I thought I might take the printmech and formatter from that machine and swap them out to the 1st machine. I know the printmech and the formatter both have to be changed and somehow pair with each other. I also found this warning in the service manual: "
You MUST NEVER replace both the Formatter and the PrintMech PCA at the same time. If both parts need to be replaced, you MUST first replace one part and then power ON the Printer until it completely initializes. Then you can power OFF the Printer and replace the other part."

This is confusing to me as I thought they pair with each other. So should I uninstall the printmech and install the new one, then turn the machine on and off. And then replace the formatter?

If anyone has any insight into any of this, I'd appreciate it (before I make a big, and likely final, mess!).

thanks!

sportmaster

Re: z3200 printmech/formatter question
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 03:49:16 pm »

Believe the guys at LPS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up