Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Website  (Read 663 times)

louismccullagh

Website
« on: March 23, 2023, 06:27:21 pm »

Hi
I am setting up a website for a lifetimes worth of photos. Can anyone advise what size image it is sensible to upload ie pixels  X by X.
Should I put a copyright logo in the photo.
When posting the images as jpegs should I reduce the quality setting of the image below "12".

Many thanks.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: Website
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 10:12:29 am »

I have slowly increased the pixel width of my images as my monitors have got larger and higher in pixels.  I think I started posting 1200 pixels width many years ago, increased to 2400 when I had 2560 screens and now load 3600 wide images (landscape orientation) for good viewing with a 4k screen.  I will occasionally upload one that's a good bit larger if I want to enable higher mag viewing because the image deserves detail scrutiny, but probably only a handful each year.  I use jpg compression of 9 or 10.

louismccullagh

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 01:47:28 pm »

Thank you.
I enjoyed browsing through your images, very accomplished and beautiful.
Do you worry at all that people could take your very large images?

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 04:58:44 pm »

Not really.  If I were a pro or made any money from photography then I would definitely, and find a place I could prevent them being downloaded and watermark them, and likely only keep smaller versions on line.

I also have zero social media presence (deliberately). I get little or no traffic that I don't help in directing myself.

Thanks for the comments.

louismccullagh

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 07:23:35 pm »

Hi
Well I think your images are very marketable but I appreciate the aggravation of sales is a big disincentive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up