Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it worth to upgrade from PhaseOne iq180 to Fuji 100s  (Read 1589 times)

sokobanz

Is it worth to upgrade from PhaseOne iq180 to Fuji 100s
« on: March 06, 2023, 05:55:57 pm »

Title pretty much said it all.
Got my Phase One iq 180 for 6 years now (from p45 and film mamyia before that) mostly use 110mm and 35mm lenses on portrait and editorial. What do you people think of Fuji 100s and it seems like trade-in value of phaseone is really close to the price of Fuji and a lens or two.
Must say i do love my XF but baby-bugs on old system are annoying sometimes.

Balafre

Re: Is it worth to upgrade from PhaseOne iq180 to Fuji 100s
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 03:40:24 pm »

Hi ! - not sure if you want easier operation or better images; if you want better photos and you already run an XF, then given you favour 35mm & 110mm you may be better off investing in better lenses - like the 35mm Blue Ring LS Schneider as it is utterly extraordinary.

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 01:43:22 am »

https://www.photonstophotos.net/Charts/PDR.htm

Well, I shoot landscape. For me there's no comparison. If you ever do any handheld shooting, the Fuji will handle this nicely with image stabilization. Image quality, probably mostly the same I'd guess. You'll probably notice some color differences with the Fuji, and there is a learning curve with editing on this censor. I've never shot the PhaseOne, but the Fuji is intuitive, portable, high quality, and affordable. I'd switch over in a heartbeat.
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

Conner999

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 10:50:04 am »

Just as an FYI: One benefit of the GFX line is you get to keep leaf shutter flash sync ability (at 1/800s) using any Hassy H series lens with the Fuji adapter.

Push a button on the adapter to switch between focal or leaf shutter. Use H lens w/ focal shutter, you save wear & tear on the lens shutter and HSS works fine. Pop to leaf shutter and you get 1/800 sync. Fuji TTL works in either case.

We ran a GFX50S and H5D side by side for a year and the H adapter works brilliantly. Only downsides are MF only (if that's a downside for you) - and it's stop-down metering. Unlike when on a X_D body, on the GFX when you stop down the H lens via the command dial, it does it immediately and you need auto EFV gain to focus accurately.
Pages: [1]   Go Up