Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 11 - C1 and others not transferring tethered captures to computer  (Read 609 times)

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography

A couple of weeks I stupidly, accidentally upgraded my laptop from Win 10 to Win 11. I discovered, too late, that I could have reversed the install, but you have to make that decision within 10-days and this issue cropped up on Day 12. Figures.

For the past couple of days, I've been trying to shoot tabletop products for a client. I have discovered that, while both my Canon R and R5 will work with Live View, when it comes down to shooting and transferring a capture, nothing happens. No file is transferred from the camera to the laptop. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Upon occasion, 1-5 frames might transfer, but then, even if the shutter "clicks", no images are transferred. I have restarted the computer, the cameras, unplugged USB cables, changed ports, plus numerous other things. I'm running the most recent version of C1. Also, interestingly, in another capture program I use, Smart Shooter 4, the same thing happens. Live view works, but shooting an actual frame ends up with nothing being transferred from the camera. I also tried another little program, DSLRemote, and the same thing happened. I've also been sometimes getting "BUSY" on my camera when tethering. Upon searching, it was suggested to make sure cards are out of the camera. I removed the cards, hoping this would also help C1, but it did not. Other times, in Smart Shooter, Cap[ture One et al, I can fire a frame, but nothing is transferred to the computer. A log file in Capture One will pop up and says "Unspecified Error" (gee, that's tremendously helpful), as well as sometimes PTP Error.

Finally, I used Canon's software, EOS Utilities plus DPP, and frames are captured and transferred to the laptop without an issue. WTF? Final note: I'm using a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 to tether and have had no issues until now for the past 3-4 years. Canon Utilities is workable, but not my preferred software.

Has anyone else encountered this with C1 or any other program, and if so, how did you fix it? I leave on the 11th for a week-long shoot where about half the shoot is done tethered and I need to sort out this issue. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up