Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P8000 head/rail squeak  (Read 535 times)

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Epson P8000 head/rail squeak
« on: February 10, 2023, 07:34:02 am »

Hi,
I have an Epson SC P8000 (44").  It has developed what I can best call a squeak when the head is returning from left to right.  It's a medium/high pitched metallic kind of squeak and I assume it's from a little bit of friction as the head is running along the rail. 

If there's friction I don't want it getting worse to the point something will get damaged but I also don't want to contaminate anything if I try a lube and mess it up.

Is there a lube I can perform on the rail to eliminate this?  Best material and any application tips?  Or an adjustment I can make?

PS.  I have found that switching it to high speed where it's printing both ways and not returning left to right as fast when it's on higher quality eliminates the squeak.  I'll run it like that until I can find a fix.

Thanks

Mike
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 08:17:59 am by mcbroomf »

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
Re: Epson P8000 head/rail squeak
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 09:53:21 am »

If you open the lid and look for the 1/2" chrome rod that goes from right to left you will see a small black encasing attached to the head assembly on the rh side that is packed with grease.
I have never taken mine apart to repack but that can be done. If you can find some you can put a real light coat of the shaft making sure to wipe off any excess. Epson may sell it to you if not, Compass Micro may have it.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 04:07:52 pm »

Thanks Dan, I'll look for some grease.

bobjoek

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2023, 10:01:35 pm »

I had the same squeak problem with a P5000 printer.  Apparently it was a leveling issue of the printer.  Solved with a thin shim under one of the feet.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2023, 04:25:40 am »

Thanks Bob, I'll get out my level and check it.  Now I'm worried about the floor of course  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up